Options

Best Web hosting provider

KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
What is your recommendation? The current webhosting is increasing the monthly free to $20 which is B.S....

I'm looking into Yahoo, GoDaddy and 1and1...

Comment?
Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I love hostmonster. They rock and I pay $5.95 per month and give me tons of space, bandwidth, databases, and third party scripts. They also have great 24/7 service and live chat service. I've had several webhosts and this has been the best so far.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ive used 1&1 for about 3 years now and very satisfied. $5 a month gets you a lot.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    pookerpooker Member Posts: 129 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My opinion, it depends for your kind of website. My isp wants 50 bucks extra a month to upgrade my account to a business account , and unblock ports 80,21,25, etc. If your running a huge traffic generating website I suggest hosting it on your own, if its a small website I suggest using wirenine very cheap.
    I wanna be ccie
  • Options
    I'm looking into Network Solution for $10 each month. Comment?
  • Options
    CabbageThe1CabbageThe1 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would go with Blue Host (www.bluehost.com) they are awesome, lots of space and support that really speaks english. I think that it is about $7.00 a month.
    If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've said this before, but Host Monster and Blue Host have to be the same company:
    http://www.bluehost.com
    http://www.hostmonster.com

I've used Blue Host before, and it worked out fine. I switched to Mosso because I host numerous client sites as well, but Blue Host is fine for a personal site.
  • Options
    Thank you, I will look into them one by one.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Ive used 1&1 for about 3 years now and very satisfied. $5 a month gets you a lot.
    I'm glad you said that. I was considering using them as well.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Just checked 1&1 anyone else noticed the huge differences between hosting on 1&1.com and 1&1.co.uk??
    Us Brits seem to be getting the short straw icon_evil.gif

To name a few:

UK
    Cost £4.99
    1&1 Home
    1.5GB Web Space
    20 GB Monthly Traffic
    400 IMAP/POP3 Email Accounts

US
    Cost $4.99
    1&1 Home
    120GB Web Space
    1,200 GB Monthly Transfer Volume
    1,200 IMAP/POP3 Email Accounts

icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    royal wrote:
    I love hostmonster. They rock and I pay $5.95 per month and give me tons of space, bandwidth, databases, and third party scripts. They also have great 24/7 service and live chat service. I've had several webhosts and this has been the best so far.

I use hostmonster aswell. Never had any problems, pretty cheap, and good tech suppor the few times ive had questions. What more could you want?

Never used 1on1, sound s like its probably similar though.
  • Options
    lnsomnialnsomnia Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use http://searchitup.com - I paid $29.95/year but they do have a $9.95/year option. Been with them for 4 years now, very reliable.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I only did a web site once, and that was years ago. www.brinkster.com was fine for when I was learning asp. Hope that helps.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sie wrote:
    Just checked 1&1 anyone else noticed the huge differences between hosting on 1&1.com and 1&1.co.uk??

That's weird! For some reason I was thinking the company itself originated in Germany. However, it may have something to do with the cost of hosting servers in the UK. Is that possibly more expensive?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Another vote for Mosso, www.mosso.com/, they have great support by people who speak understandable English.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Hehe, so many choices! I'm going to be starting a personal website soon, after reading this, I'm having trouble deciding on which host to go with myself! There are a lot of good suggestions here!
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Sie wrote:

That's weird! For some reason I was thinking the company itself originated in Germany. However, it may have something to do with the cost of hosting servers in the UK. Is that possibly more expensive?

It is weird and annoying, at the end of the day I would rather the server be hosted in the US if it saved costs and increased functionality like the advertise!

Im just wondering if they will allow me to do that.........
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    www.1and1.com

Hosts my site in sig

$30 for 6 months.

I use it for my e-mail as well. And I upload random programs to the ftp site that I may unknowingly need when I'm away from the house. Best $30 ever spent every 6 months.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA