Options

Passed 70-620

bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
Passed today!

Obviously, I'm pleased with the pass but I also agree with a previous post from SWM (http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29336) in that I feel any reasonably experienced Microsoft sys admin who uses Vista daily could use common sense and deduce many of the answers with minimal study. Don't get me wrong, I didn't get 1000/1000 and there were some tricky questions in there but IMO it's an easier exam than the Win 2000 Pro one I did a few years back.

Still, I'm glad to have done it and I did learn a lot about a few nice features that otherwise I would have passed over. I used MS press and CBT Nuggets (both very good resources) and a good few months of practical experience along with the helpful comments and technotes on here. The exam itself was evenly distributed across all the topics but 'Mobile Computing' pulled my score down a bit (but that fits as I don't have much experience in that area).

Well, I can't put it off any longer. I'm now planning to give the 'beast' a damn good kicking and finish the MCSA so I'll see you in the 70-291 forum :D
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif

April is the semi-official 291 month here at TE, so you better going. You only have a little over three weeks icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Congratulations.

How do you rate the MS Press book in terms of coverage and readability?
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Thanks all.

The MS press book covered everything that was on the exam in enough detail. It was easy to read, but rather long in places (it's a huge book) and I found myself resorting to CBT before reading some of the long chapters so I could skim through it. The book does a good job at preparing you for the exam with some good practices throughout but it doesnt give a huge insight into Vista. I'd recommend it for the 70-620 exam though.

If you do get this book make sure you get the errata details/fixes from the MS website as there are quite a few errors in it, and wrong answers on the CD questions.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    April is the semi-official 291 month here at TE, so you better going. You only have a little over three weeks icon_eek.gif

Really, Why's that?

Grats on the 620, I was let down a bit after discovering how easy the exam was.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm taking it, Snadam's getting peer-pressured into taking it, and I've noticed a lot of people taking it recently or taking it soon. I'm the one declaring it, which is why it's only semi-official ;)

It looks like you need to get on board too. All the cool kids are doing it. You want to be cool, don't you? icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, congrats on knocking out that Vista exam. Good luck on the Beast, we'll be pulling for you. . . as well as for all you others going in for the slaughter. . . err. . . "sitting for the exam".

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    dynamik wrote:
    I'm taking it, Snadam's getting peer-pressured into taking it, and I've noticed a lot of people taking it recently or taking it soon. I'm the one declaring it, which is why it's only semi-official ;)

It looks like you need to get on board too. All the cool kids are doing it. You want to be cool, don't you? icon_cool.gif

Im doing 70-291 if a few weeks too, im just doing it for the action figures though. Im trying to collect them all.
    70291ts0.th.jpg
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    You want to be cool, don't you? icon_cool.gif

I am cool... that's what my mommy always says at least.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA