Options

Syngress book Chapter1 question

For anybody who has taken the test 293 and used the syngress book is chapter1 need to know information for the test or just information to remember for real life scenarios
On the road to MCITP......

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Funny you mention that because I had to skip through chapter 1 and now and chapter 2 and I ran into what you see below. 293 is going to be the most annoying with all this recap of detail.

"Print Servers

Print servers are used provide access to printers across the network. A benefit of print servers for administrators is that they provide an added level of manageability for network printing. Print servers allow you to control when print devices can be used by allowing you to schedule the availability of printers, set priority for print jobs, and configure printer properties. Using a browser, an administrator can also view, pause, resume, and/or delete print jobs."

Yes okay thanks. These Microsoft tests should have prerequisites so they can assume you know this kind of information from the previous tests.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I decided to give Transcender a shot right off the bat for this one just to gauge how much new material there would be (from 291), and I averaged about 90% with everything besides PKI/Certificates, NLB/Clustering, and some of the WINS and wireless stuff. That Syngress book has a lot of information, but it really drags on. If you get to a section you know, just skim it. You really don't need to refresh yourself on things like print servers. Later on, you'll get back into basic performance monitoring stuff that was covered in 270/290.
  • Options
    donald7862003donald7862003 Member Posts: 128
    So after you remove all the nonsense you get the MS Press Book right

icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Pretty much. The Syngress book has more real-world information. I whined about the MS Press book here: http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31740
  • Options
    donald7862003donald7862003 Member Posts: 128
    yeah i seen that one which made choose the syngress book.