Options

70-431 Question

brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
For those of you out there that have taken this exam, how much of it is query writing vs management/concepts?

I am about to embark on this one and was just lookin for any tips on if the test is weighted towards anything or distributed among all topics.

Comments

• Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey brad, sorry this went unanswered for so long icon_sad.gif

Very little of it is actually writing SQL statements, but you do need to be able to read a SQL statement and understand what it does. You should know how to do things via SSMS as well as the generic form in SQL format.

In a nutshell, I would say about 90% of the exam is performing tasks in SSMS, while 10% relies on your understanding of a SQL statement.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Thanks for the reply. Apparently this either isnt in much of a demand, everyone has already done it, or nobody cares to look at it :p

I ordered a couple of books from amazon based on your recommendation and have a test machine ready that is being used for 291 (on hold ATM). I'll probably prep for a couple of months then test.
  • Options
    srcurriesrcurrie Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the Microsoft Hands On Training book for the 70-431. Pretty much that was it.

I had 15 simulations. I got a 940 on it but I consider it one of the harder tests I took. Just make sure you know how to get around SSMC.