Options

Monitor outbound email flow on Exchange

datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
Monitor outbound email flow on Exchange

Gang,
Is there a way to monitor outbound email flow on Microsoft Exchange? I am trying to find out if my mail server is sending out bulk email, and I hope to do this locally from the Exchange server. I am at a disadvantage because I do not have any networking tools aside from WireShark, but I can not implement the application immediately, but hope to in the very near future.

Thank you,
Cheers!!!
Arrakis

Comments

• Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What version of Exchange?

07 has the Mail Flow troubleshooter and 03 and 07 both have the queue viewer that will give you some details on what you are looking for.
  • Options
    RTmarc wrote:
    What version of Exchange?

07 has the Mail Flow troubleshooter and 03 and 07 both have the queue viewer that will give you some details on what you are looking for.

Sorry about that, guess it would help if i stated which version.

Exchange 2003

You say Mail Flow Troublshooter.
    Arrakis
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Queue Viewer, Performance Monitor, Network Monitor, Message Tracking Logs, SMTP Logs, any 3rd party utility such as Quest Spotlight.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    royal wrote:
    Queue Viewer, Performance Monitor, Network Monitor, Message Tracking Logs, SMTP Logs, any 3rd party utility such as Quest Spotlight.

where is the Queue Viewer? Sorry but i'm lost when it comes to Exchange.

Thank you for the help.
    Arrakis
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Queue_Viewer_Improvements_in_Exchange_2003.html

Try Google. There's tons of stuff on using the Queue Viewer.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    royal wrote:
    http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Queue_Viewer_Improvements_in_Exchange_2003.html

Try Google. There's tons of stuff on using the Queue Viewer.

thanks for the info...got it.

Cheers!!!
    Arrakis