Options

70270 Exam

faisal79faisal79 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello guys

does Microsoft have exam simulation software , eg to get use the exam,Similar to the oone Cisco have on their website

thanks
Faisal79.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Practice Exams can be found online but steer clear of braindumps etc.

The Microsoft Press books come with practice exams which I believe for this exam are Measure Up Exams.

As for Sims there arnt any in the 70-270 exam just the standard pick the right answer, pick two answers and pick all that apply.

The two that are mainly used are Measure Up and Transcenders, in my opinion Trancenders are the better and more closely match the exam but can be expensive.

As I (and anyone here wll proberbly agree) mentioned one of the biggest things in the MS exams is to really read the questions as they tend to be two to three paragraphs long, you need to be able to pick out the important things.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    I use SelfTestSoftware instead of Transcenders. They are from the same company (Kaplan) and have the same look & feel, but are significantly cheaper. The SelfTest products contain the same number of sims, and I have found that they prepare me well for the exam itself.

I don't know whether there is any substantive difference between them. Apart from asking them, the only way to find out for certain would seem to be to buy both the Transcenders and SelfTestSoftware product and compare them.
    -- Dan
  • Options
    i have tested my self using the 70270 test on this forum and got 89% for the first time, sitting the exam on 14th April 2008, is that resonable score?

still also doing hardcore reading and trying to find out my weakness
    Faisal79.jpg
  • Options
    Do you understand things such as IPP, NTFS, Moving/Copying Folders and the Permissions after, Unattended Installs, Performance Monitor?

Its the more under the hood of XP than the daily home user exam so im sorry if im being insulting asking you these but I dont know what level/knowledge/background you have.

Good luck by the way :D
  • Options
    its ok mate

yes i do i undersatnd Internet printing protocol, NTFS permisstion (still rereading it at moment)
    i also do understand how permisstion change when moving or copy files within a same partition or different partition, that when you copy either within a partition or different partition will inharit the destanations permition, and moving to same partition will retain permisstion where moving to different partition will inharit the destations permition offcourse this is all true for only NTFS
    and not for FAT where all NTFS permission will be lot...

please correct me if im wrong

thanks
    Faisal79.jpg
  • Options
    faisal79 wrote:
    its ok mate

yes i do i undersatnd Internet printing protocol, NTFS permisstion (still rereading it at moment)
    i also do understand how permisstion change when moving or copy files within a same partition or different partition, that when you copy either within a partition or different partition will inharit the destanations permition, and moving to same partition will retain permisstion where moving to different partition will inharit the destations permition offcourse this is all true for only NTFS
    and not for FAT where all NTFS permission will be lot...

please correct me if im wrong

thanks

That is correct icon_thumright.gif

The Technotes on this site are good for this exam so make sure you have read them and understand them.

Good luck and any other questions let us know and we will do our best to assist.
  • Options
    thanks

exam day is tomorrow 9:30

last bit of revision
    Faisal79.jpg
  • Options
    i just come back from the test centre i passed the exam with 968/1000

very happy

next exam 70-290

thanks to everyone for your help
    Faisal79.jpg
  • Options
    Congratulations!! :D

For the 70-290 make sure you understand share and ntfs permissions inside and out, group management (univeral, domain local and global and when to use them and how to convert them)

Understand DSADD, DSMOD etc.

To name a few......

Good Luck!!