Options

Exchange Server 2007 64 - Registered 0 Days trial.

jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
I installed Exchange 2007 64 Trial Version on a Windows 2003 Server 64, installation seems to go fine except for the Unified Messaging, which I plan on doing later. Right as soon I start EMC, it gives me a warning that Server1-64 = 0 Days "The following servers in your organization are currently unlicensed" this buffled me cause I just installed this trial version today, I'm wondering what's causing this to happen since this trial version came from MS download site. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The trial version = the full version without a license entered. Exchange 2007 isn't registered like many other applications where it asks you for the key during the install. Even with the full edition, you install the trial copy of Exchange 2007, and then you load up EMC and enter your key. So technically, if you were to decide to fully license Exchange 2007, you would get a key, go into your current trial copy, plug in the key, and bam, you're fully licensed.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    royal wrote:
    The trial version = the full version without a license entered. Exchange 2007 isn't registered like many other applications where it asks you for the key during the install. Even with the full edition, you install the trial copy of Exchange 2007, and then you load up EMC and enter your key. So technically, if you were to decide to fully license Exchange 2007, you would get a key, go into your current trial copy, plug in the key, and bam, you're fully licensed.

But isn't this suppose to give you a trial period of a 120 days?
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ya, that's odd. The only thing I can think of is that Exchange 2007 was installed previously in your environment and now you're just trying to re-install it and it's timing out. But from the way you were speaking, since you just downloaded it, that's not the case. Sounds like a bug.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks