people who started cisco and went to MCSE

Well actually I started being a system administrator but never got any schools, I was just thrown into the job. I got my CCNA while being thrown into a NOC. Right now I"m trying to get my MCSE and I like doing the job, but the work for getting a MCSE is boring. I'm currently going to school 2 days a night for 270 and 290 starts monday, but i'm in no shape to pass the 270 test. What other resorcues have you used to stay focued. I'm very board, but I need this certification. What do the rest of you use to get motivated?

Comments

• GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    I always liked Cisco networking better then Systems Admin with Windows.

I prefer System Admin with Linux, but overall I prefer pure networking, which is kind of what Cisco deals with.

Stay motivated?

Buy the MCSE library from MS Press and use this forum.

Most people love CBT Nuggets but they are too expensive for me.

Try to visit as many forums as possible.
    Learn from multiple sources.

Good luck
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    I might get the job to buy off on CBT nuggets. We waste money on so much other BS. I think I should have looked into linux myself. The command line is eaiser on my ADHD. :D
  • IT ManIT Man Member Posts: 159
    I was thinking the same thing. I got my CCNA in November and started looking for jr. network admin jobs. I wasn't having any luck because they all wanted MCSA's or MCSE's. So I figured, I might as well go for that, especially since the job I had at that time would pay for my study materials and tests. Well last month, I got a job as a Jr. Network Engineer where my focus is primarily Cisco. I did pass the 70-270 exam and am currently working on 70-290 but I am finding it boring as well. I was thinking about just going for my MCSA, since I only need 2 more test, and then just stop with that. This field is too vast. icon_confused.gif
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars. - Les Brown
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    IT Man wrote:
    I was thinking the same thing. I got my CCNA in November and started looking for jr. network admin jobs. I wasn't having any luck because they all wanted MCSA's or MCSE's. So I figured, I might as well go for that, especially since the job I had at that time would pay for my study materials and tests. Well last month, I got a job as a Jr. Network Engineer where my focus is primarily Cisco. I did pass the 70-270 exam and am currently working on 70-290 but I am finding it boring as well. I was thinking about just going for my MCSA, since I only need 2 more test, and then just stop with that. This field is too vast. icon_confused.gif

Entry level networking jobs are hard to come by. If you are CCNA go for a services job MCP/MCSA/MCSE and go from there.