Options

Will I ever Pass this Exam

ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
I just came back from my 5th YES 5th shot at this Exam and once again have failed with a 651. I felt so good about my answers and couldn't wait to hit finish again, but to knock down my gleaming hope of passing WRONG. I am so used now to seeing "Sorry you did not pass the exam" that now i'm taking it just for fun for hopes that one day I will see pass, maybe not with 1000, which alot of people have been seeming to get (well at least in the high 800-900). I read all over how easy this exam is and that it is a piece of cake hmmm. I have been using vista Business in a domain environment for about 8month's now, I have downloaded transcenders and get 90's, I bought Winstructor CBT's, MS Training Kit, and Mike Meyers Passport. Haven't read al word for word but have read majority of the chapters. I get 80-90 in the Measure up exams, so I just guess this Exam is not for me. I feel really stupid about this as people have gone the 1st time and get a score of 800.... icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    I feel sorry for ya man. Dont feel stupid about it, exams (any exam) are not always straight forward. How long are you taking for each question? You have about 2 hours for the exam and about 50 questions which gives you about 2 and a half minutes per question. Do you re-read the questions or do you pick the first answer and go on to the next question? How do you test at the end-of-chapter questions in the books?
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Maybe next time is the charm. Keep at it and dont give up. I test for this exam on saturday. So far i have watched the CBT Nuggets on it and skimmed two books briefly. I have used vista since the day it was released. I am just interested in seeing if i can pass this exam with what i know since i got two chances at the exam so why not.

I personally like to eliminate the wrong answers first and narrow my choices down to ones that are possible answers.

Good luck, I will let you know how i test.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    Thank you all for your responses, I have tried many ways of looking at the question and have spot out the one that i kno for sure was the answer for most of them but I did question a few maybe 3 on the whole exam and felt so good about my answers but then fail. I understand that 700 is the passing score, I wonder what that is equivalent to percentage wise? I'm thinking it is closer to 75-80% in order to pass because they do have a few questions on the exam that are not scored they say... Thank you ULWIZ for the recommendation but I have another brand of cbt's and they seem pretty good plus I have spent alot of coin already between the exam retakes and the other materials but again thank you and good luck i would love to know what your experience was like... Hopefully you won't hear the High School"testing monitors" on their cell phones laughing and having no respect for me and the other test takers.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Some people get 1000 in 15 minutes without reading the questions. It's amazing what d**ps can do.

It's a process. Learn from it!

Be patient. All great accomplishments take time my friend.
  • Options
    Agree, who really knows the truth, i guess I'll just suck it up as a loss and go through my materials again, thanks a bunch
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What exactly are you having problems with? It seems like you have a good grasp of the material. Are you having problems with the way the questions are worded?
  • Options
    Yeah I think it must be the way the questions are worded. On the one I took today I felt very confident with my asnwers but questioned a few, but i didn't feel like they were going to make or break me at the end. I have to admit the questions seemed very straightford and to the point only 2 exibits in the whole exam. I was also wondering what the passing percentage might be? 70% seems a little low for 56 questions and not all of them are scored supposedly. I also hate the prometric testing facility but it's the only one in my area that has Saturday appointments, it feels like kids are running the ship there... They even told me that you DO NOT see if you pass at the end of the exam which we all know is WRONG....
  • Options
    Jon KingJon King Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had to take my A+ 2006 OS twice. I was getting low scores on all the practice tests that I took and some how passed!
    You will it trust your self. :D

I am also studying for the exam I have not been doing well I have been getting in the 50's like I did with A+ 2006, I am confident that I will pass. However, the wording does seem off and the way they form the questions can be confusing

- Jon
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What does your score report indicate is your weakest area? I usually focus heavily on that area and then do the second weakest.
    I passed this exam with only the Microsoft Training book. You shouldnt have to get more resources but i would suggest you just spend the most time on your weak area. Forget about the practice test and just read and reread those chapters. You have probably memorized all the answers to your practice test and that will not help you.
  • Options
    Jon KingJon King Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What does your score report indicate is your weakest area? I usually focus heavily on that area and then do the second weakest.
    I passed this exam with only the Microsoft Training book. You shouldnt have to get more resources but i would suggest you just spend the most time on your weak area. Forget about the practice test and just read and reread those chapters. You have probably memorized all the answers to your practice test and that will not help you.

It differs, I have only taken it twice it says I am good and on the other it says I need help so I don’t know I, I am now reading Microsoft Self Paced Training Kit. I hear it is a good book. I thank you for your input it is valued. :)
  • Options
    SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Don't read to much into other posts that state "this exam is easy, blah blah blah" . Everyone has strengths and weakness's.

I had no problem with 70-291 (the beast), but failed 70-284 (exchange) on my first try. Heaps of people indicated 284 was easy but I found it challenging.

Concentrate on your low score areas from the exam report and dont give up.
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • Options
    I really want to thank you all for your support it means alot to me. unfortunately my score sheet didn't print out so now I have to call prometric and have them mail it to me. I have also seen a few questions on the exam where I have never seen some of the possible answers anywhere in any of my study material.