Failed 70-215 again

spookyspooky Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi people,

took my 70-215 exam today and failed for the third time running, and i'm totally gutted and soul distroyed. i only failed by thirty points which is about 1-2 questions and i dont know what to do where to go, i'm totally upset. icon_sad.gif

Round 1

The first time i took it with the 70-210, and i passed that, but when i looked at the 70-215 i new i was going to be in for a hard time and failed miserably but at least i had got my mcp for the day so i wasn't that bad.

ROUND 2

Again i went into the exam wandering what to expect and found out that the exam had changed and the questions that they had asked me was beyond me......Failed with a score of 550 points. icon_redface.gif

ROUND 3 26th March

Well prepared for this exam, revised nearly every minute of my life i could spare and still manage to flunk.....Failed with a score of 670 points icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Can anyone please help me to pass this exam cos its a bit like groundhog day........Help is needed

Thanx inadvance

spooky

Comments

• 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Mr Connors says: what study materials did you use?

2lbs. icon_lol.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • spookyspooky Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi, and thanx for replying,

The study material i used was the sybex book to start with, then i practiced on the trancender which was good.
    Have you got any suggestions for more study materials???????

Thanx

spooky
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Do you have a home network with a server and a client to help with your studies? This is important--you'll learn a lot just by accident!

Also, the Exam Cram 2 book has good reviews on it at Amazon.com. With all the studying that you've already done, this may be the review that you need. There is someone who posts on these forums that swears by the Sybex plus Exam Cram combination to pass a cert exam.

Best of luck. Sure you'll destroy it on the next try!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • spookyspooky Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanx a lot for the advice,

i,ve got a small network that i'm putting together now, can you advice me on where i can get questions on group polices and security cos i feel i can improve on those points judging by the microsoft printout.....

All help is needed, thanx inadvance

spooky
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    If you haven't already, you might want to try
    McSe Microsoft Windows 2000 Server : Readiness Review Exam 70-215
    , ISBN: 0-73560-9489. This is a Microsoft Press book.

This is an old edition, but the info is basically sound, has 2 or 3 review questions on each exam objective, and you can get it pretty cheap if you can find one.

I'm not well-informed enough to really try to give you anything else.

Hope this helps.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    I used the mspress book (1st edition) and Transcenders. I think for that test i have the transcenders well in to the 90% range.
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    Try going through the MS Press Training Kit after you've set up your small network and do the exercises within each chapter. Much of the 215 exam is hands-on knowledge. A lot of this information you can read until you're blue in the face, but until you've actually tried to apply it and see first hand how it effects the network, you're really not learning it.

You mentioned you were using Transcender for this exam. Have you run the updates for that software? Transcender is very good about keeping the topic materials up to date. If you are passing the Transcender with 90% or better and still failing this exam then it's most likely as a result of you unwittingly memorizing the Transcender questions. Try mixing the order the answers are given and when you miss one really look at the explanation and follow it to the referenced materials to double check and read more about what you missed.

Is there a particular area of the exam you feel you're just not getting? Can you narrow down a specific topic that trips you up?

Keep swinging at it, don't give up!
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    I used the MS-Press 2nd edition book and the Transcender. I went through the book and did all the exercises and got familiar with server through hands on. I passed with an 835. Give 'em a try.

I will say that if you were scoring well on the Transcender and still failed, I'm a little surprised. Try going through all Transcender questions again and pay special attention to the explanations of the ones you missed. Make sure you understand why you missed them. I learned more from doing that than anything else, I think.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    I learned more from doing that than anything else, I think

Same thing here. I wouldn't be able to pass the last of the core's in my MCSD had it not been for the Trancenders test. I would be surprised if a person failed after thoroughly understanding everything on a Trancender Perp Exam.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • MindrakerMindraker Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A 670? icon_eek.gif Don't freak out. If you study seriously, you'll pass it next time.
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    I agree w/ the others ...once you set up your network...go through the exercises in the book.. You can read something all day...but when you do the exercises, it will drill it into your brain....Good luck..I am sure you will get it next time.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There's a big, decent McGraw-Hill book for the entire MCSA 2k exam set. I think there's even one for the MCSE.

It doesn't treat each part as a seperate exam, but as a whole. It's about 80% exercises. I can't say if it's all that or not, having not gone through it, but I'm going to do that before I start getting into each component seperately.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    janmike wrote:
    If you haven't already, you might want to try
    McSe Microsoft Windows 2000 Server : Readiness Review Exam 70-215
    , ISBN: 0-73560-9489. This is a Microsoft Press book.

This is an old edition, but the info is basically sound, has 2 or 3 review questions on each exam objective, and you can get it pretty cheap if you can find one.

I'm not well-informed enough to really try to give you anything else.

Hope this helps.

Also you might be able to pick this book up for $9.99 at a Boarders Outlet store, I did icon_wink.gif
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dont give up bro... :D
    i wish u luck on your next 215 exam.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Never ever give up!