Printing in IE7

ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
I had a question on my exam regarding how to print a web page and all of it's graphics in IE7. Can you print out the source code of a web page and have it print out the page exactlly how it appears? What othe roptions are there besides choosing print preview?

Comments

• whistlerwhistler Member Posts: 108
    I think the answer is yes and no.

You can open the source page from IE7 View>Source and it opens in Notepad and you can print it out and print out the page using File>Print( Preview).
  • apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    from what i understand from your question, it sounds like you want to print every visible graphic displayed on the webpage, instead of the stripped-down version that print preview normal displays.

try this:
    in IE7, go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced
    next, scroll down to the Printing area and check the "Print background colors and images" box and try to print again.
    Usus magister est optimus
  • hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    muyloco286 wrote:
    try this:
    in IE7, go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced
    next, scroll down to the Printing area and check the "Print background colors and images" box and try to print again.
    +1
  • ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
    Thanks for the responses. I have tried printing the source code but all i get is the source and not the web page. On my exam there were 4 possible answers and I had to choose 2:

1.) use print preview
    2.) copy the source code into notepad and print that
    3.) add a printer icon on the toolbar
    4.) copy the web page into notepad and print that
  • whistlerwhistler Member Posts: 108
    ra13 wrote:
    Thanks for the responses. I have tried printing the source code but all i get is the source and not the web page. On my exam there were 4 possible answers and I had to choose 2:

1.) use print preview
    2.) copy the source code into notepad and print that
    3.) add a printer icon on the toolbar
    4.) copy the web page into notepad and print that

A lot depends on the question.

Answer 4 just copies the text of the webpage into notepad.
    Answer 3 seems to be a throw away.
    Answer 2 is correct IF you only want the source code printed.
    Answer 1 is correct IF you only want a copy of the web page printed.
  • ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
    Thanks a bunch, i'm going to see if i can look around for some references to these answers.