Fail

Took Beast Jr. this Saturday. Score - 653. First MS exam I failed.
Read MS Press & Syngress cover to cover.

Was:
a) tired of reading (2-3 weeks / 2-3 books per exam)
b) somewhat overconfident (291 didn't seem hard; some experience with VPN, firewalls, security design)
c) anxious to get MCSE before second shot expires (June 31)

Just rescheduled for next Saturday (with free shot). The good thing about failing is getting more motivation :D

Comments

• donald7862003donald7862003 Member Posts: 128
    That was real close and i understand being overconfident about this one. 85% of the syngress book seems like 291 over again. Good Luck with getting the MCSE before June 30th. I am tired of looking at Microsoft at this point but I am to trying to get as close to MCSE as possible by June 30 aswell
    On the road to MCITP......
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear about that. This is a difficult test by many accounts. In the past when I have failed to pass a test it was really down to lack of sufficent preparation. Reorientation and further reflection got me across the line. Stick at it and good luck next time.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Ouch, that's pretty close, all things considering. Take a break to let your brain decompress, then hit the books again and knock it out of the park.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Slowhand wrote:
    Ouch, that's pretty close, all things considering. Take a break to let your brain decompress, then hit the books again and knock it out of the park.

Thats a good idea. Its disappointing to fail a test when you have prepared hard for it, but sometimes you really need more elapsed time to get your head around what is really required to pass that test. Sometime out can help there, gives you a chance to reflect on what you really need to be working on.