Options

Which one.. 2924 or 2950

KalabinKalabin Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
As it sit's right now I have two 2501's with two 1900 switches, which are worthless imo. I was looking to snag a switch I could use to study up for my CCNA. Now from my understanding the big jump from the 2924 to 2950 is that the 2950 allow's for bandwidth limiting per port at 1mbps interval's. Beyond that what else is the big difference? If the 2924 can support all of the function's needed for the CCNA then I would be just as prone to pick one of them up.

The reason im not going high dollar on equipment is for the simple fact that I am doing this on the side, my actual job / career does not actually need me to know any Cisco. I would just like to know the client side to boot. So, any information is appreciated. I have done a little prooning on here, but couldnt find the exact differences.

If there is a forum I skipped over that outline's this feel free to just copy and paste that link. Thanks in advance!.

- Kal

Comments

• Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    2950. There are numerous posts on this topic if you want more info.
  • Options
    KalabinKalabin Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    2950. There are numerous posts on this topic if you want more info.

Well, i'll take your word for it. I have read quiet a few of your post's and trust ya. Any way can provide just a quick listing for myself. I did a search and saw a lot of people recommending the 2950, saying it's better. But not specifically on the benefit's of one to the other.

I will end up picking up the 2950, since it seem's the way to go. Just curious on the quick and dirty run down. Or a link that you may know of that I can do some reading on em.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Cisco assume that you'll be using a 2960. A 2950 is very close to it however and significantly cheaper. Some of the commands aren't quite the same on a 2924.