Options

Taking 70-294 hopefully by the end of April

fjhesqfjhesq Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
How hard is this exam and what are the major focus points? I just passed 70-293 last Friday and it was a beast junior. I'm watching the CBT Nugget and skimming throught the MS Press book and it seems kind of easy. How does this exam relate to 70-297?

Comments

• Options
    ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    This exam is really nice to study for and take.

I wouldn't say it's "easy" but it's certainly not the hardest of MCSE exam. As long as you know GP inside out and a decent knowledge of the other objectives you'll get through it good.
    ~Thiassi
  • Options
    Thanks a ton.....I'm watching the CBT Nugget for this and it's awesome. This weekend I'll crack open the MS Press book and do an overview and a few labs, then watch the CBT Nugget a few more times then do an overview study and attempt to take the test with microsofts retake.
  • Options
    mshilungamshilunga Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    my Appointment Date:04/18/2008
    once we’ve mastered the art of diligence, we can use it in any important area of our lives, in any endeavor or pursuit to achieve incredible outcomes.
  • Options
    Let me know how it turns out....In watching these CBT Nuggets, I'm seeing that Microsoft is really stressing GPO, User Authentication, Sites, Replication, FSMO, and Trusts. I'm putting off the 294 probably until April 30 (my birthday).
  • Options
    i failed with 677 ,,,,but then a fail is a fail and a pass is a pass i will be doin it on the coming friday

294 is out of my way man!!!!passing score 810
    once we’ve mastered the art of diligence, we can use it in any important area of our lives, in any endeavor or pursuit to achieve incredible outcomes.
  • Options
    cisahovekacisahoveka Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mshilunga wrote:
    i failed with 677 ,,,,but then a fail is a fail and a pass is a pass i will be doin it on the coming friday

Good luck Mate.
    A+,N+,MCP
    MCSA2003:Messaging and Security MCSE2003:Messaging and Security
    MCTS:vista 70-620
    MCTS:vista 70-622
    MCTS:Windows server 2008 AD 70-640
    MCTS:Windows server 2008 NI 70-642
    MCTS:Windows server 2008 NI 70-643
    MCTS:Exchange Server 2007:70-236
    MCTS:SQL Server 2005:70-431
    MCTS:SQL Server 2005:70-443
    MCTS:SQL Server 2005:70-444
    MCITP:Enterprice Messaging Administrator MCITP:Enterprice Administrator
    MCITP:Enterprice Technician
    MCITP:SQL2005 DBA.)
  • Options
    What did you use to study? What area was your weakness? These CBT Nuggets have been awesome so far. I'm going to watch them all this week for the second time while I'm at work and do the corresponding reading in the afternoon before bed. I hope to take it on the 30th and the night before, I'll do the CBT Nuggets for a third time. Don't get discouraged, study your weak area(s) and you'll nail it the next time, you were only a question or two away from passing.
  • Options
    1MeanAdmin1MeanAdmin Member Posts: 157
    mshilunga wrote:
    Oh, man, that was close! icon_mad.gif
    I'm sure, after some additional preparation, you'll nail this one! icon_cool.gif
    Good luck!
  • Options
    So, I pushed 70-294 back until May 2. I want to shoot to do 70-297 on May 16 and finish up an elective exam on May 30. Needless to say, the month of May is going to be chaotic, but hopefully at least I'll be finished with my MCSE. I'm worried about 70-297 though because of the case study format. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    fjhesq wrote:
    So, I pushed 70-294 back until May 2. I want to shoot to do 70-297 on May 16 and finish up an elective exam on May 30. Needless to say, the month of May is going to be chaotic, but hopefully at least I'll be finished with my MCSE. I'm worried about 70-297 though because of the case study format. Any suggestions?

Best suggestion for dealing with the case study format is to choose your practise tests well.

Transcender/SelfTestSoftware came very close in my opinion.

Also - a lot of people have suggested reading the questions first and then finding data in the case study notes. Good idea. Bear in mind that the questions you get in the testlet are a subset of the questions related to the case study material. If you get a short testlet with only a few questions, then reading everything becomes a big overhead.

Learn to spot the "textual" clues in the practise tests: i.e. what do certain phrases imply.

The one thing the practise tests didn't do, in my experience, was set a time limit on each testlet. That's a bit of a culture shock after 45 questions with a 2.5 hour limit. Also - remember that you get to review your answers at the end of each testlet, but once you go on to the next case study, you can't go back.

2 final comments:

1) Don't panic!

2) Very best of luck!
    -- Dan
  • Options
    294 is out of my way man!!!!passing score 810
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations! What did you think about the exam?
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    Congratulations! What did you think about the exam?

this exam is one of the good exam to do and it is day to day's work that you will be doing
    not so bad like the network exam,,291,293,,,