Options

Domain Printer Problems

BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am having an issue at work that I know you guys can solve. I think it's an easy one, I just can't seem to choke hold this one (been training nurses for 4 weeks straight 6 hours a day on a new software package we are migrating to at the end of the month. icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyways, I have a user with limited rights who doesnt have the perms to add/change printer perms but cant print to printer in A/D. I checked the the printer perms and the everyone group and our Nurse group has the print rights (and he is a part of that group) but he cant print still

how can i give him or change printer perms without logging him off and him losing his documents, etc?

I know this is a basic one but i am just dead tonight....

Thanks guys......
Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

Comments

• Options
    TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    Check the printer driver on the host machine?
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What's the error?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There is no error other than he cant print and i cant add the network printer to his user because he doesnt have the rights but security on the printer shows he has the rights to the printer itself so he should be able to add it but i dont know why he cant.

i didnt see any gp's or anything like keeping him from adding the printer. i know it's something easy right in front of me i havent thought of, i just cant put my finger on it.... icon_evil.gif
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Breadfan wrote:
    how can i give him or change printer perms without logging him off and him losing his documents, etc?

Runas is your friend if you don't want to log him off.

Are you able to print on his computer when you logon to it? Is anybody else able to? If so, then it's something with his permissions or profile. Try directly connecting using a TCP/IP port.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think if you're not an admin, you can't add drivers to your system, including printer drivers, whether you have permission on the print server to use the printer or not. Our support guys have to vpn to some of our laptop users to install their home printers because we don't give anyone admin access to their system.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...