Help Needed

prasad_njoyprasad_njoy Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,friends...i am new to this forum and even to the field of Networking...Intrested in doing CCNA and CCNP...Before doing this i hav few queries..which i hope will be answered...here

1)How much salary a fresher gets ....when he is having CCNA and CCNP certifications. what kind of job he actually has to do in a company.

2)Is getting a job with these certifications(CCNP) easy in India...if yes what will be a salary expected?

3) what are the chances of geting a job with these certifcations in foreign? Or going abroad through the company in India?

4) How the Company defferentiates when a person comes for an interview having a degree of BE with a CCNP and a person having a degree of Msc(computer science) with a CCNP.How much salary will be offered to both the persons.

Comments

• NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi,friends...i am new to this forum and even to the field of Networking...Intrested in doing CCNA and CCNP...Before doing this i hav few queries..which i hope will be answered...here

1)How much salary a fresher gets ....when he is having CCNA and CCNP certifications. what kind of job he actually has to do in a company.

2)Is getting a job with these certifications(CCNP) easy in India...if yes what will be a salary expected?

3) what are the chances of geting a job with these certifcations in foreign? Or going abroad through the company in India?

4) How the Company defferentiates when a person comes for an interview having a degree of BE with a CCNP and a person having a degree of Msc(computer science) with a CCNP.How much salary will be offered to both the persons.

Certifications do not constitute your salary, but experience and skills do. Passing a certification exam does not mean you get paid more in most situations. It does make you more marketable in the job market. The questions you ask are relative and nobody can provide the right answer. What kind of work you do in a company depends on how much experience you have, not how many certs you have. When comparing a person with a BS and MS and a degree is the deciding factor, then the person with the MS will have more of a chance of getting the job because he/she has more credentials. Going back to my original premise, if the person with a BS has 5 years expereicne, and a person with a MS is fresh out of college, then the BS will get the job.

Lastly, I don't know anything about India's market besides the fact that they are taking American jobs due to cheaper labor. Not that "cheaper" is a derogatory term, but more cheap than American labor.

CCNA can get you in the door at an entry level position. NP without experience is useless. Pro level certs are the defacto for high level and expereinced engineers and networkers.

Welcome to the board and **** are for chumps. icon_cool.gificon_sunny.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • prasad_njoyprasad_njoy Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Really...thanks for ur comments on my queries....
    But u havnt answer abt the Q, job oppourtunities in abroad(US,NZ,AUSTRAILIA) after 5-6 years of experiance in Networking(CCNP)
  • AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    check out www.mycareer.com.au and do a query on ccnp.
    and www.seek.co.nz for nz
    :)
    If you have pro certs with 6 years of network experience you should do fine.