Options

two application problems

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
I sent an email with my resumé to a company that just wanted the resumé sent. This was about two weeks ago and I still haven't received any type of reply from them. Should I call them or resend my resumé?

Another company wanted the resumé and a cover letter and send it to human resources. Does anyone know how to write a cover letter to HR when there is no name to contact? Also I tried to call their HR but no one answer the phone. I tried to look for one with information technology but I haven't found anything.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    To answer your first question, I've always been in the mindset that it doesn't hurt to follow up. Give them a call, drop an email to them, and just ask if any decisions have been made in the hiring process. If nothing else, it'll put you back in their minds, and whoever reads that email may even pick your resume back up for a second look. Don't be overbearing, but following up once a week or so, until they tell you that you're hired or they tell you that you're no longer in the running, is definitely appropriate.

For the second question, I'd format it as formally and professionally as possible, and address it to either "To whom it may concern" or simply "Human Resources".

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    sweet! Thanks for the info.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    I usually write "Dear Human Resources Professional"*. Then again, I sent out tons of apps and never heard anything back 95% of the time.

*In my opinion, HR scumbags are not professionals, as you might have figured out by the number of times they've returned your phone calls.