Options

IPhone prices dropped

SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
Im not a fan of the IPhone but thought there may be someone here whos interested in this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/04/iphone_price_cut_weakness_or_s.html

Must say the IPhone doesnt seem to have generated the buzz Apple had hoped.
Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Sie wrote:
    Must say the IPhone doesnt seem to have generated the buzz Apple had hoped.
    Oh, it generated more than enough buzz, but it hasn't sustained that buzz, even with the release of the SDK. Part of this is due to AT&T's tight grip on the service plans. The 3rd-party apps coming out will keep the iPhone alive long enough for the nextgen USA release.
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    JDMurray wrote:
    Oh, it generated more than enough buzz, but it hasn't sustained that buzz, even with the release of the SDK.
    Yeah Ive an ipod touch but im holding off on the iphone until version 2. Theres rumors of internet explorer mobile being able to use flash and render pages exactly like the iphone in the future but that might not happen till windows mobile 7. If IEm can do that in the future id say the iPhone v2 could as well but it needs to get 3g too. Ill wait a little while after launch as well icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There's been a bunch of rumors of a 3G iPhone in the coming months. They might just be trying to **** their inventory.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    They might just be trying to **** their inventory.
    Yeah, sounds about right. Something is up, cause its cheaper to buy in the UK than it is in the US but a few months ago it was totally the other way around.
  • Options
    hetty wrote:
    Yeah Ive an ipod touch but im holding off on the iphone until version 2. Theres rumors of internet explorer mobile being able to use flash and render pages exactly like the iphone in the future but that might not happen till windows mobile 7. If IEm can do that in the future id say the iPhone v2 could as well but it needs to get 3g too. Ill wait a little while after launch as well icon_wink.gif

I currently have a LG Viewty instead of an IPhone and must say I much prefer it, It has a custom Flash OS which is quite nice and a few forums have managed to 'modify' the phone for custom flash apps and UI's etc. Plus its fully touch screen like the IPhone but with a 5 Meg Camera rather than the IPhones 2 Meg.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sie wrote:
    hetty wrote:

I currently have a LG Viewty instead of an IPhone and must say I much prefer it, It has a custom Flash OS which is quite nice and a few forums have managed to 'modify' the phone for custom flash apps and UI's etc. Plus its fully touch screen like the IPhone but with a 5 Meg Camera rather than the IPhones 2 Meg.

Have to say sie, i think the viewty is abit of a girlyish phone icon_lol.gif
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    Sie wrote:
    Maybe this is the reason behind the price cut by the carphone warehouse.
  • Options
    nel wrote:
    Sie wrote:
    hetty wrote:

Have to say sie, i think the viewty is abit of a girlyish phone icon_lol.gif

lol, I guess its not everyones taste but personally I dont think its girly, i dont know a girl with one!

Though it does go well with my handbag on a weekend icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Look at the monthly payment on your ATT bill... iPhone is not a way to go until you have too much money to burn.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    hetty wrote:

I saw that yesterday, but I just glanced at the title. I actually read the article now, and I was surprised to see them mention native support for Exchange.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    I saw that yesterday, but I just glanced at the title. I actually read the article now, and I was surprised to see them mention native support for Exchange.
    There had been talk before they licensed it. Dont know if it will affect sales any more or less.