Passed 284 & 285 Messaging exams this week...(phew)

I passed the 284 on Tuesday and just got back from passing the 285 today.

Got to say that even though I got a higher score in the 284 the 285 felt easier and this coming from someone who despised the damned 297 design exam as well!

The 284 consisted of 50 questions. I thought it was meant to be about 32! Nah, making it a bit more difficult to pass can only be a good thing.

The 285 had a total of 11 case studies with a total of 42 questions.

Anyone know why the 285 has an "All" menu in the case study section (which is REALLY useful) when the 297 didn't (which would have been VERY useful)?

Hurrah! I can now rest!
~Thiassi

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's a big week, congratulations!

Which MCITP are you going to go after? Are you going to continue with the Exchange certs since it's fresh in your mind?
  • ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    dynamik wrote:
    That's a big week, congratulations!

Which MCITP are you going to go after? Are you going to continue with the Exchange certs since it's fresh in your mind?

I presume you mean the Exchange 2007 certs?

Hmm, I don't really need them just yet for my job so I'm going to take a break I think. Maybe later on in the year.
    ~Thiassi
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ah, your sig used to say that MCITP was up next. I thought you might be going after this: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcitp/exchange2007/messaging/default.mspx
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and thanks for the advise, I've been slacking lately, hopefully I can pass this exam soon...
  • Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    Is 285 for Exchange 2007?
    Mmartin_47 wrote:
    Is 285 for Exchange 2007?

Nah, 284 and 285 are both Exchange 2003.
    ~Thiassi
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats sir!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    Congratulations! Terrific achievement for both exams!

I'm studying for 284 now - but having completed MCSE, I'm taking it gently. I haven't got beyond 5.5 integration yet. At this rate, I'll be taking it in the Autumn.

You mentioned the 11 case studies / 42 questions in 285: so is this in a similar testlet format to 297/298? Is each case study individually timed?
    -- Dan
    danclarke wrote:
    Congratulations! Terrific achievement for both exams!

I'm studying for 284 now - but having completed MCSE, I'm taking it gently. I haven't got beyond 5.5 integration yet. At this rate, I'll be taking it in the Autumn.

You mentioned the 11 case studies / 42 questions in 285: so is this in a similar testlet format to 297/298? Is each case study individually timed?

Yeah I know what you mean mate. Once I finished the MCSE I wanted to take a breather but I ended up having to cram the studying before Is tarted a new job.

Exchange 5.5 co-existence == sleeping.gif

Yeah pretty much identical to the 297/98 design format. Only difference being there was an optional "All" tab this time where all the info was listed on one page (which I MUCH prefer) and the info for the questions was easier to find.

When I saw that there were 11 case studies it scared the crap out of me but it turned out to be not too bad at all.

I hated the 297 so the 285 felt quite pleasant in comparison.
    ~Thiassi
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass(es). Since you mentioned you weren't thinking about doing the Exchange 2007 exams, what are you planning on doing next?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Slowhand wrote:
    Congrats on the pass(es). Since you mentioned you weren't thinking about doing the Exchange 2007 exams, what are you planning on doing next?

I've just started a new job so not sure at the moment.

I'm leaning towards knocking the CCNA out sometime soon though.
    ~Thiassi
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm officially jealous. You are too good at this stuff. :) Good job.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!