Options

No more XP after June 08. Vista only

cheesecouponscheesecoupons Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
What will this mean to all of us who have toiled on these tests?

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'm not sure what your source is for this news, Microsoft themselves state that support for Windows XP Professional (no service pack) will continue until April 19th, 2009. For XP with SP1, it looks like support ended 24 months after SP2 came out, which was on September 17th, 2004. The end of support for SP2 will also be 24 months after Service Pack 3 comes out, and it doesn't look like end for mainstream support for the XP operating system, as a whole, has been announced at all.

Take a look at Microsoft's Product Lifecycle page for Windows XP for the details. Do you have a source for the news that XP allegedly will not be supported after June?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They're going to stop selling XP on 6/30 (with a few exceptions). It means that XP will still be widely used for many years, and that our current certifications will be relevant and valuable as long as XP remains in use.
  • Options
    nangananga Member Posts: 201
    good soucre would b yahoo news....yes its confirmed that there would b no XP..means that MSFT would stop selling OS and stop making security patches for XP..but the system would definelty b up and running for years to come.

It makes sense to carry on and get extra certifications with the new platform. Obviously numbers of XP sysytems been deployed over the world is significant and would take time before they are been replaced with Vists which requires a good capacity processor which is not what all the organization can afford at one go.

I know some systems are still using Win 98...
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just saw this on yahoo: http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/25252
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)