Options

Recieved my new switch and Nm-4a/s?

lildeezullildeezul Member Posts: 404
hi guys, I jsut recieved my new c2950-12 switches.
I bought 2 of them, one for 90.00 and the other for 99.00 from ebay.(same buyer)
and i got the nm-4a/s for 35 bucks.

Do yall think i made a great purchase with the price and everything.
i have a total of 4 switches, (3 running ios and 1 running catos)

i need yall help in deciding which router should put my nm-4a/s

i have 5 router, 4 of them are running (well my 5th one has no flash, but i can boot it up tftp which ill will do so actually 5 routers)

3-2501, and 2-2611

now my 1st 2611 has only one wic-1t and thats it.
and the other 2611 has no wic or no nm.

and all 3 of my 2501 has two fixed serial.

should i install a nm in my first 2611 make it 5 serials and just use 4 router (2611 and 3-2501)

or should i install the NM in my second 2611 making it have 4 serials, and my first have 1 serial..

if i go with the second option i can use all five routers, and i can pratice loab balancing on one router by having two link connected to the 2611/

my network will not my a line network ( router A
routerb
routerc
routerd
ect.

it will not be like that it will be like this: ( every router will connect to one router)

routerA
| |
| |
| |
| |
RB RC ect ect

thanks guys. and i will post pics
NHSCA National All-American Wrestler 135lb

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would put it in the empty router so you can use 4 in a frame-relay mesh or partial mesh configuration.

You can mix and match your WIC's and modules however you want.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lildeezul:

Did your 2950s come with the Enhanced Image or Standard Image? Also, whose the buyer you purchased from? I'm hunting for IOS, but I cannot find any less than 185 with shipping. On top of that, I live overseas and therefore, I'm going to get charged an additional price for shipping. So I'm looking for a decent price, and someone that will ship to an APO address! Any ideas? I've been in discussion with Bob from CiscoKits.com, but the price is a little expensive (225 per 2950). Any help is much appreciated.

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would suggest putting max RAM/Flash in ya 2500's other wise they arnt very useful.

The best image to use on 2500's is 12.2(15)T17. This image covers the majority of the ccna
    as well as IPv6, OSPFv3, RIPv6. When you get to BSCI and you want to study IS-IS you'll
    have to swap images
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    Project2501Project2501 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lildeezul that sounds like a great lab.

And 90 and 99 for 2950's that sounds like a great price. I've seen most of them around 150.

I'm waiting for my 2620 to arrive. Do you mind if I ask what you paid for your 2611's?

I paid $172+shipping for mine which has a 2-Port Serial WAN Interface Card (WIC-2T) and a 1-Port ISDN BRI (U) WIC-1B-U-V2. Even though the ISDN card doesn't count for anything.
    - Pete
  • Options
    I got my 2611 from work for free.
    Sorry.

But i do notice that you can usually find 2611 on ebay pretty cheap, around 70 bucks
  • Options
    Project2501Project2501 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Free icon_exclaim.gif

Lucky duck.

The 2620 was an impulsive buy I was new to ebay on but have since been baptised by fire.
    - Pete
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lildeezul:

What do you use each of your routers/switches for? What type of scenarios are you currently setting up (Frame Relay, Access Server, etc...)?

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    im just doing ip routing protocols for now.

havent gotten into frame relay or any advance setups.

i am studying off of Lammle book as a primary resource, and CBT videos along with odom and bryant for backup information.

so for right now i am just configuring EIGRP and OSPF.