Options

Tested This Morning....

ohbejakeohbejake Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
AND PASSED!

But only just barely. Very, very tricky wording.

I only used Meyers All-In-One Exam Guide and included practice tests on CD.

I do recommend using multiple resources, as this one alone only got me through by the skin of my teeth.

What next? Maybe MCSA. I already have A+, and talk of forgoing parts of the program on this site is encouraging.

Comments

• Options
    AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187
    I know....the exam was very tricky I thought too. I seemeed to get a majority of scenario and troubleshooting questions. I would say 40 questions roughly were nothing but those darn scenarios...got annoying after the first 20 or so. I was hoping for more textbook type questions. A few of the questions -- I never even heard of some of the answers or even the question itself.

I passed and thats all that matters.

Well, congrats on your new success :D
    What to next? I am starting on my MCSA. I jsut found out Microsoft will allow you to waive the elective exam and give you the certification if you have either the A+ and Net+ OR A+ and Server+...
  • Options
    Way to go to you, too, P4!

I got a lot of the scenarios, also.

And it seemed like there was a big focus on older technologies, like Token Ring. I even got a couple on Class Licenses, which don't really matter anymore.

Maybe it's just their way of initiating the new guys.

Anyway, I'm just glad it's over and I made it. WHEW!

I'm helping a friend build his new system today. That'll be a good reward for passing.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    heh heh heh

Ya, CompTIA loves having questions on the exam that are out from left field - but they usually are on things in the study material that you do not recognise because of the way they are worded.
    Scenarios .... wait until your MCP exams and you see full page scenarios with answers that are several sentences long. 2 1/2 - 3hr exams are a dang pain - not because they are difficult, but trying to stay awake while you are reading dreary MS questions ... lol
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Great....something to look forward to.

Now my life is complete.
  • Options
    AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187
    RussS wrote:
    heh heh heh

Ya, CompTIA loves having questions on the exam that are out from left field - but they usually are on things in the study material that you do not recognise because of the way they are worded.
    Scenarios .... wait until your MCP exams and you see full page scenarios with answers that are several sentences long. 2 1/2 - 3hr exams are a dang pain - not because they are difficult, but trying to stay awake while you are reading dreary MS questions ... lol

Thanks for the thought...that ought to make me more comfortable :P trying to prepare.... icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    CrossCross Member Posts: 234
    Congrats ohbejake :D
    Building a system is always enjoyable and rewarding, shows that you enjoy what you study and work at.

MCSA is a good place to jump off to, review the topics measured. See if it's to your liking
    I'll change highways at the crossroads, I'm going only where I desire.

http://www.darkroads.com
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ahhhh don't let it bother you guys. Have a good strong coffee or take some no-doze before you start .... cant be as bad as 22? - 5 hrs is the allotted exam time & a friend of mine has a couple staff who failed - not because they didn't know the stuff, but because they took way too long reading the questions ... icon_rolleyes.gif

Once you are a little way into your MCP study there are lots of guys around here who have a good knowledge of the subject and can help you on the sticky bits icon_smile.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Thanks, Cross!

Sorry for the late reply....I didn't get around to re-reading this thread until today.

The system build, by the way, went well. Not a bad little box...Athlon XP 2100+, 512 DDR, 80GB DeskStar, Radeon VE 64MB with dual outs, and a pretty sweet looking case to boot!

The best part of the process was the traditional benchmarking process, done with a rip-roaring round of networked Motocross Madness 2! There's a game that'll show you what a vid card can do.

But I digress....

Such is the stuff geek dreams are made of.