Options

Data recovery software

unclelewunclelew Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I work for a small repair shop that has several law firms that we take care of. Lately, we have been getting alot of request for data recovery(e recovery). We are looking for deleted data on systems that have been wiped clean. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which software works best or any experiences with this type of request and what worked for them. I didn't know if there was one proven software out there that I'm not aware of?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There was a similar thread here: http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25788

You might also want to check out SpinRite if you're dealing with dying/dead drives.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    It depends on what you mean by "wiped." Files that have only been deleted or the partition reformatted can be recovered, but an actual file or disk wipe--even 1-pass with pseudorandom values--will not leave much to be recovered. Still, disk recovery is something you can charge big bucks for, successful recovery or not, so you should certainly look into how to offer data recovery as a professional forensic service.
  • Options
    jordan001jordan001 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    unclelew wrote:
    Hello,

I work for a small repair shop that has several law firms that we take care of. Lately, we have been getting alot of request for data recovery(e recovery). We are looking for deleted data on systems that have been wiped clean. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which software works best or any experiences with this type of request and what worked for them. I didn't know if there was one proven software out there that I'm not aware of?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have used Stellar Phoenix data recovery software to recover my data.This software helps me to recover my corrupted file.This software demo is free in which you can see the preview of your recoverable data. Once you download the software go for full version to complete your recovery.
    http://www.stellarinfo.com/