Lotus Notes R7

REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone.

I'm looking for Lotus Notes training. I'm not going to be doing any direct development, but I am going to be directing a major development at work. The project is basically to put together a safety management system. Lotus Notes has been dictated as the program to use. I have worked on other relational database projects, but never LN. My viewpoint is as the liason between the safety management crew, and the LN developers.

As a result, I'm looking for a broad, conceptual overview of what LN can and can't do. I'm hard pressed to find any classroom training, unless I want to enter IBM's certification track.

Just wonder if anyone might have any ideas or advice.

Thanks!

Comments

• TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    My dad is a LN admin and was very glad he took the time to learn it. Not many can administer it and being able to will give you an edge over others. I wish there was more available resources for learning this. All I can find on LN are books mostly.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TravR1 wrote:
    My dad is a LN admin and was very glad he took the time to learn it. Not many can administer it and being able to will give you an edge over others. I wish there was more available resources for learning this. All I can find on LN are books mostly.

YES! There are very few LN people. I did some development work on LN for a very short period and have it listed on my resume and it is the MAIN reason I have been called by recruiters.

To the OP, the books from IBM are the best source and LN is very easy to learn and can do a lot. I was surprised when I used it with all it can do. The book I have was handed to me when I was told "look this over for about an hour and then see what you can do" is Simply titled Lotus Domino Designer: Application Development With Domino Designer and it was published by IBM. Thing with my experience is that it was a few years ago on LN 5.0 so anything that I had learned is no longer used.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.