Options

Windows Hacking Exposed

GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
Wow! Amazing book!

For anybody that has ever worked with Windows and loves security you should check this book out.

The depth is excellent and it will take you places and test your knowledge of user accounts, LSA, and other windows topics.

This book along with a Windows Internals book would make you a Windows security Master in no time.

I recommend this book to anyone that is an MCSE or Security expert. This book gives you the ideas and techniques and provides wonderful resources into Windows hacking.

One of the best books I have bought recently.

The only problem is my lack of Windows Internals depth. I feel I need to really learn Windows architecture to get the most from the book. Basically I don't have the time to learn all the Windows Internals, but everyone can still find some useful security tips.
CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Lots of college hacking classes use the Hacking Exposed and Hacker's Challenge series. I have the 3rd, 4th, and 5th editions from classes I've taken. It's cool stuff, especially if you have a job where you use that type of information everyday.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've been looking for a good read for the train. I'm at the 70-290 level of knowledge, think it would go over my head?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Nice to hear thats on my list to purchase form amazon sometime this year...I have quite a 'wish" list for this year...3 of Hacking exposed books are on there.
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Goldmember wrote:
    Wow! Amazing book!
    This book along with a Windows Internals book would make you a Windows security Master in no time.

Windows Security Master in no time? Really?
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    keatron wrote:
    Goldmember wrote:
    Wow! Amazing book!

Windows Security Master in no time? Really?

Come on Keaton. We all know it only takes a few weeks of cramming to get all those certs you have.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    royal wrote:
    Come on Keaton. We all know it only takes a few weeks of cramming to get all those certs you have.

He he icon_lol.gif That might be true for some people. But with those certs you need to have some other stuff, as I explained in http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=216185#216185 post.