Options

having to click on send/rec

livenliven Member Posts: 918
Have a friend that works from home. Uses a vpn and all connectivity is working correctly. This user can access network shares, the company database, and send and receive e-mail.

However to send and receive e-mail the user has to click on send/rec they are not automatically receiving mail when it is sent to them.

I have checked all settings but can find nothing wrong. Internet and VPN connectivity is working perfectly. This has to be some sort of outlook or exchange setting...

anyone??
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Check in the bottom corner. Is outlook set to work offline?
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Outlook > Tools > Options > Mail Setup (tab) > Send/Receive (button)

You have to configure Outlook to automatically send and receive as well as set the interval. Also, it might just appear like it doesn't automatically send and receive because of a high interval setting. I believe the default settings are to automatically send and receive every half hour.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    Outlook > Tools > Options > Mail Setup (tab) > Send/Receive (button)

You have to configure Outlook to automatically send and receive as well as set the interval. Also, it might just appear like it doesn't automatically send and receive because of a high interval setting. I believe the default settings are to automatically send and receive every half hour.

Ya I thought I checked this already. I spent a while on the ISPs help desk and delt with this stuff all the time. So I used to be very familiar with the client settings. But that was about 8 years ago.

I will double check this stuff, but is there any more out of the ordinary that I might have to check? Like I said I have gone over the app settings sever times.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Maybe toggle the Cached Exchange Mode on/off. I find that this is a problematic setting in computers that connect through a VPN.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I concur, check and make sure it is not set to work offline, and if that is set properly and still isn't working then disable cached exchange mode.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    hey thanks fellas!

Well the client is set correctly.

Unfortunately I am not the mail admin so I will pass the info along to check the exchange settings.

And once again thanks!