Voice Router

tshepo.kekanatshepo.kekana Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
i have the software called Packet tracer installed on my PC, how can i modify the router to have voice port? so that i can be able to configure voice ports.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can't do it with the current versions of Packet Tracer.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • tshepo.kekanatshepo.kekana Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    do you know of any software that i can use to practise?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    do you know of any software that i can use to practise?

I mentioned Dynamips in the ccvp home lab info thread. But there currently are no simulated voice ports and you can't do everything you need to learn for the CCVP, so it's only useful for replacing some of the physical routers you would have had in a home Voice Lab.

Check out the ccvp free simulator thread for the link to the 7200emu.hacki.at Dynamips and Dynagen forums.

Dynamips and Dynagen along with VMWare can take a bite out of the cost of building a home Voice Lab, but its still not a 100% software solution.

I'd say the standard advice still applies -- build (or borrow) what you can and rent rack time for the rest.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    I used GNS3 - ( you need to provide the images ) it is a GUI for Dynamips... You are able to do alot of the configurations but still no support for voice cards... but you can get the basics down.
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • tshepo.kekanatshepo.kekana Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks lucky...do u know where i can get icon_wink.gif