Options

SDM WHERE?

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey dudes!

I went to cisco site and tried to get an SDM but do you have to be paying register user to get the SDM for my home lab practice?? All I see is the SDM demo version.

I thought I could get a full SDM version to play with at home for my CCNA 802 exam???

help!

thanks

:D

Comments

• Options
    arcaniumarcanium Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Software/Tablebuild/doftp.pl?ftpfile=pub/web/sdm/SDM-V25.zip&swtype=FCS

full version as far as i know, i use it and dont see any limitations, you will need a guest level login to get it
  • Options
    arcanium

really full version thanks a lot man! i got aversion but it says demo but maybe
    i have the demo device and the SDM full? not sure till i play around

i got it to read my 831 cisco soho router totally cool! 2.5 i think
    thanks fo rthe link!

i am not happy about SDM but okay will conform is daddy cisco says so! haahahaha

cisco rocks!
  • Options
    yeah when you type in 127.0.0.1 it gives you a mock router device to play with the SDM full version my bad....i will paly more and see if i can get the CLI to show when i configure something inthe GUI SDM i was reading on some limits man hope i can see the CLI when i conifg GUI on my SDM it is cool!

thanks
    will let you knwo what i can do on my soho 831 with my SDM!
  • Options
    dudes i got it wrong ; i think i figured it out....there is limitations with the demo device
    and not (NOT) limitations with SDM software on a real device that can have SDM

that is it! I will verify it tonight but I am almost 100 % postive the limitation is on the demo device not a the SDM it seems like it is full! verrsion

and it does work on my 831 SOHO i tried it at lunch time yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    arcaniumarcanium Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yeah i believe its the device that is limited, i have a 2621xm you can test it on if like, just pm and ill send the info to the pod
  • Options
    romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Hello,

The issue with sdm is that it does not manage existing running-config, it just generate a set of command for a particular service/feature.

If you plan to use it on a production router, be carefull :P
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    romain wrote:
    Hello,

The issue with sdm is that it does not manage existing running-config, it just generate a set of command for a particular service/feature.

If you plan to use it on a production router, be carefull :P
    It is okay if you create and maintain the config in SDM only. If you start messing around in the CLI then you may break it and SDM won't understand.
  • Options
    arcanium

oh my god dude your avatar is hilarous
    thanks on the POD try, ihave a big pod already and tried it on my 831 soho
    and works full and i can see the CLI view awesome
    the limitation is in the device demo. they give you a demo to connect to virtually
    and it is limited but i connected to my full 831 SOHO and fully function
    be honest i had SDM sofar. very confusing but i do like the CLI view.
    thanks men!

cisco rocks!
  • Options
    romain

to be honest i would rather use CLI, I think SDM sucks looks nice but very weird
    it definitely is not a linksys! haahhha