Options

The Best MCDST Home Study Package

PetejPetej Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this site and this is my 1st post.

I am planning to embark on a MCDST Home Study course, but am unsure of which one to go for. There seem to be many companies advertising the MCDST course on the internet, so it's kind of difficult to find the right one. As I don't want to waste my cash, could any of you recommend a reputable company that delivers good quality instruction?

Hope you can help!

PJ

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    CBT Nuggets and Trainsignal offer good video training. I like the Nuggets because they are geared towards a specific exam. Trainsignal focuses on a specific technology, such as Active Directory, DHCP, etc. You'd have to piece together a few videos to cover your exam.

I also use Transcender for practice tests as well as MS Press and/or Syngress books.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    If you are familiar with XP, you dont need to spend much money at all. I would say purchase 2 book resources from different publishers, hopefully both will have some practice tests. Usually you cant go wrong with MS Press, Sybex, or ExamCram2.

I didnt use the MS Press books for these, but they are probably the best, and come with a trial version so you can run through some scenarios. If you have been around for a couple of years, I dont think you need to spend the $$$ on these exams...just brush up on the material in the books and get to gettin.
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Work will be supplying me with the exam material...

I have my choice of any book(s) I want...

As of now I'm have them narrowed down to the the Sybex book or the Exam Cram Books.