Options

Remote connection

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
We have a guy from another company comming in to see us tommorrow and he wants to be able to connect to his server from our workstation. I have set up an account for him and added him into the VPN users group, what else do i need in order for him to be able to connect to his server remotely from our workstation?

Comments

• Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    depends on the design of your network

ask your network admin ?
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Why did you add him to the VPN users group? Isn't that for people connecting to you? He shouldn't need that in order to go out to his server.

Is there anything on your network, such as a firewall that would prevent him from accessing his server?

How's he going to connect to his server? Remote desktop?
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    HIS network admin would have to give you that information.

Generally, all he'd need is access to the Internet, but there is no way you could know that for sure without talking to someone.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Just a thought, i was discussing this today with a colleague, can an xp client connect to a win2k client using remote desktop, i thought this was possible until this guy i work with said you cant

Is he right

I will eat my hat if he is

Lol

Lee H
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    @ Lee

You can connect to a 2k Server, but not a 2k workstation
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...