Options

IOS doen't fit on my Router

eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to upload a new IOS to my 3640 but i got this error: (Not enough space on device), i checked cisco site and the ios is correct for the memory i go (128/32), i erased the old IOS and apply the squeeze cmd and still got the same error, is anything that i can do with this?

Thanks in advance. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

I added a PCMCIA to my router and now i have more flash memory, the point is, can i put together both memories to upload the IOS?, any cmd that can be used in this case?.

Thanks in advance. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif
  • Options
    yukkyyukky Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No, you aren't able to split the IOS onto the internal flash and the external flash.

Your best bet is either to upgrade the internal to 32MB, or get a 20MB pcmcia flash.
    Buying hardware for a home lab is addicting-- (Need.. more.. toys...) **(need.. more.. money)
  • Options
    yukky wrote:
    No, you aren't able to split the IOS onto the internal flash and the external flash.

Your best bet is either to upgrade the internal to 32MB, or get a 20MB pcmcia flash.

I got already 32MB flash on my router and a 2MB PCMCIA installed, what i need to know if i can load the IOS using both memories flash, the IOS is 33MB and i have 34MB right now on my router, i don't know why cisco web said the memory required for that IOS is 128/32 and it doen't fit in that memory, anyone have an answer for that?

Thanks in advance. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If the ios is 33MB then it should be loaded by TFTP. 3640's only support a max of 32MB flash.
    You can find an image that is only 32MB such as 12.4(19) Enterprise Plus or w/e
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    elegua wrote:
    i don't know why cisco web said the memory required for that IOS is 128/32 and it doen't fit in that memory, anyone have an answer for that?
    They lied.

Then they admitted they lied.
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/620/fn62934.html

Is it one of these images?
    The affected images include:

c3640-jk9s-mz.124-16.bin

c3640-a3jk9s-mz.124-16.bin

c3640-jk9o3s-mz.124-16.bin

:mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mgeorge wrote:
    If the ios is 33MB then it should be loaded by TFTP. 3640's only support a max of 32MB flash.

I tried using tftp and nothing.
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    elegua wrote:
    i don't know why cisco web said the memory required for that IOS is 128/32 and it doen't fit in that memory, anyone have an answer for that?
    They lied.

Then they admitted they lied.
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/620/fn62934.html

Is it one of these images?
    The affected images include:

c3640-jk9s-mz.124-16.bin

c3640-a3jk9s-mz.124-16.bin

c3640-jk9o3s-mz.124-16.bin

Yes, this one: c3640-jk9o3s-mz.124-16.bin, also this happened with some 26xx series routers (2610-11-12-20-21) with 16mb of flash, the solution was only for the 2620 and 2621 upgrading to 32mb of memory.

So, are these images useless icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif ??.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    elegua wrote:
    mgeorge wrote:

What did you try? TFTP to copy to Flash or TFTP boot?
  • Options
    tiersten wrote:
    elegua wrote:
    mgeorge wrote:

What did you try? TFTP to copy to Flash or TFTP boot?

Ok, i got now, i thoght loaded using tftp software, but yeah i can boot this ios from my tftp server, i'll try with another one and i'll see what happen.

Thanks. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Hi,

Here what i was talking about the 2600 serie routers and an IOS that doen't fit into 16mb flash memory.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/620/fn62030.html

Hope this help. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Hi Guys,

Fixed the problem, loaded c3640-jk9o3s-mz.124-8d and now my 3640 is ready to go, i was reading on cisco web that 124-10a and 124-10b have security issues so i went a little down, anyway, this is only for a home lab practice.

Thanks guys. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif
  • Options
    zenzenzenzen Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    where can you get all of these IOS for free legally? I have I guest account or whatever with cisco and I basically can't go anywhere. I think quite possibly cisco has the most user unfriendly website layout I have ever seen.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    You can't get IOS for free legally. You need a smartnet maint contract with Cisco and they'll upgrade your account to allow downloads.
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Dynamips for the win!