Options

upload 2501 IOS Image tftp

lildeezullildeezul Member Posts: 404
hi i finally recieved my tranciever, and i am tryin to load 12.2(27) enterprise on my router.

now i understand that you have to be in boot> mode ( config-register 0x2101)

and the tutorials from cisco website says that i can issue a copy tftp flash command. but my router boot mode doesnt allow the copy command.

here the output.
2501-3(boot)#?
  logout
  lock
  show
  terminal
  disconnect
  name-connection
  resume
  where
  disable
  enable
  ping
  systat
  traceroute
  login
  telnet
  connect
  tunnel
  slip
  ppp
  pad
  x3
  help

2501-3(boot)#copy tftp flash
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
NHSCA National All-American Wrestler 135lb

Comments

• Options
    Also when i try to copy the IOS from the tftp server using the defualt config (0x2102)

i get on my tftp server, that the file is not found, and has a invalid opcode in intial request.
    I guess this is becuase in the IOS of the defualt config, my flash says "read only"

can some one help please.
  • Options
    figured out the problem.

my tftp server (pumkin) has the defualt download path at
    C:\Documents and Settings\Cisco studies\Desktop\Klever\Nothings

so i put the IOS in the root folder, and it worked.
    Even though the flash said read only, it still write the new ios into the flash.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lildeezul:

I see you have an extensive list of gear... what are you using each piece of gear for? Access Servers / Frame Relay / etc... ?????

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    im just doing ip routing protocols for now.

havent gotten into frame relay or any advance setups.

i am studying off of Lammle book as a primary resource, and CBT videos along with odom and bryant for backup information.

so for right now i am just configuring EIGRP and OSPF.
    and multi-area OSPF, (even though CCNA doesnt cover it, it is very fun to learn and experminet with)
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds fun... I'm waiting on the rest of my equipment before I jump knee deep into it. I currently have a 2501, 2514 and 2924. I received this gear from one of our engineers who had it laying around his CCIE lab. I'll be meeting with another network engineer today to receive an additional 2620 & 2924 and the cabling that I need. Then I'll be able to jump in knee deep. Right now, I'm studying the Bryant Advantage material. So far so good... a lot of the ICND1 stuff is a refresher, but I'm not taking anything lightly.

Which CBT videos are you using? I had some older copies of CBT Nuggets from my job that were from the old 640-801 exam. Most of the concepts are the same, but I would much rather have a CBT focusing solely on the 640-802. Any suggestions? One of our newer net admins just took his CCNA exam last week and stated that he had a lot of info on NAT'ing. So, I'll be paying particular attention to that.
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker