Options

70-643 Any advice? -PASSED :)

Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
Im going to be taking the 643 soon and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I have studied the MSPress book and have been doing the practice test that comes on the cd. I havent really found it to difficult but i am wondering if anyone knows how spacific questions can get an any subjects. So far i have actually enjoyed learning the material on this exam, I just dont have to much experience setting up TSGateway and/or Deploying server 08. The part the has proven the most difficult for me is all the web application information. Its alot to take in for someone who has no web/iis experience. Any advice on how technical the questions may get on the web applications part?

Comments

• Options
    fommyfommy Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Im going to be taking the 643 soon and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I have studied the MSPress book and have been doing the practice test that comes on the cd. I havent really found it to difficult but i am wondering if anyone knows how spacific questions can get an any subjects. So far i have actually enjoyed learning the material on this exam, I just dont have to much experience setting up TSGateway and/or Deploying server 08. The part the has proven the most difficult for me is all the web application information. Its alot to take in for someone who has no web/iis experience. Any advice on how technical the questions may get on the web applications part?

Hello mate, I am going to do this exam after my cisco ccna. let me know how you get on. Sorry I cant help you out. I have passed three mcts exams now and the mspres books have always been spot on. i dont trust the sybex books for ms exams...
    MCITP Enterprise Admin then CCNA - as I failed CCNA twice now. boohoo
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have been studying for the 649 for a few weks now. My main source of print material has been Server 2008 Unleashed, Sybex. I think it is one of the best I have read for MS server systems. It will certainly help on the 643 and any of the other tests for the MCITP SA/EA tests. I also strongly suggest you visit http://iis.net/ and http://learn.iis.net/ Good luck!
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well I took the exam this morning. It wasnt to bad. Got mid 9s.
    The questions were a bit harder then the ones in the training manual. There were some questions that had subjects/commands that were not anywhere to be found in the MS Training book, but by process of elimination i must have found the right answers. I read the training manual almost twice because of the wait time for work to get me a voucher. In the end it was worth it though.
    I really liked learning all the new roles and how to implement and troubleshoot them. There are some really sweet new features in Server 2008 that i cant wait to implement at work.
    Next up... either the 640 or the 642.