Options

problem with 640-822 failed twice

pildpild Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

i gave 1 time in december and i failed with 710 score and i gave yesterday and i fail with 740.

i am reading only from wendell odom icnd1 cisco press book, also i have a little working experience

I am certainly have a problem.

I focus the problem to the simlets that wants to MODERATED. Please can you tell me some advices...

thank you all for your time.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Please review the Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy
    No candidate will take any action that will compromise the integrity or confidentiality of a Cisco Certification examination or otherwise compromise the integrity of the Cisco Certification program. Such actions include but are not limited to:
    • Disseminating actual exam content via web postings, discussion groups, chat rooms, study guides, etc.

And the Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement you agreed to when you took the exam.
    You agree that the contents of the exam are confidential and that the disclosure of that information could compromise the integrity of the Program and of Certifications. Cisco makes exams available to you solely to test your knowledge of the exam subject matter for which you seek Certification. You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any exam and any related information including, without limitation, questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings, diagrams, length or number of exam segments or questions, or any communication, including oral communication regarding or related to the exam (known collectively as “Proprietary Information”), in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, oral or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written permission of Cisco.

A lot of people seem to fail because of lack of hands on practice with real equipment (or lame simulators).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    i am sorry, for this mistake.

please any advice.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Most people recommend at least two sources as well as hands-on practice. Try the Sybex book or The Bryant Advantage. You could also give the Trainsignal or CBT Nuggets a shot. Transcender makes great practice exams. I find that if I go through the same resource multiple times, I just start to skim and zone out. Give something else a try.

You should also pick up some gear up on eBay. Even a $10 2501 is better than nothing. A lot of people are hesitant to spend the money, but it might have saved you two fails in your case (and that's just money down the drain).
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You probably need more hands on practice -- either with real equipment or something like the Boson Simulator.

You may also want to add a 2nd source of study. While Odom is the best book, the Sybex CCNA book (check the CCNA FAQ for the links to the latest versions) is a "more fun" and "easier read" for some people. Together they are an unbeatable team.

Some people also benefit from adding some videos into their study. I'm not a "video person" myself, but I think the CBT Nuggets or TrainSignal videos have a good "bang for the buck" ratio.

The Cisco Press Reference Sheets for the CCNA or ICND1/ICND2 exam would also be good for review purposes. If a topic is in the Reference Sheets, its a good idea to know and understand the concepts for the exam(s).

Also make sure you studied and understood all the topics in the CCNA Exam blueprints. Whether you take the one or two exam option, the blueprints list the topics, including a lot of the "hands-on stuff" that you should know and practice.

Good Luck! icon_cool.gif and keep studying icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There are several simulators or emulators online that are free. Might want to give those a try.

I have also found that the free podcast, "Cisco Hands On Training" by Darrell Root is a free alternative to the CBT's. He goes over configuration and practical of the CCNA, but his focus is for the older 801 CCNA exam.

http://www.switchpod.com/users/darrellroot/feed.xml
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Get your hands on dynamips for the routing topics, its free and the best thing out there without buying equipment.
  • Options
    LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    Atleast get your hands on Packet Tracer from Cisco, it does not support the entire set of commands but will get you ready for taking the test.
  • Options
    Dear all,

after series reading....i finally PASS with score 916.

Thank you all for the help!!! :)
  • Options
    human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    wow that was a long time in between posts!

Congratz on your pass. now onto the 816?

my advice, buy yourself some equipment. there is no substutute for a home lab. oh and CBT nuggets FTW!
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • Options
    Yes on 816 now...

a long timeeee btw the posts...because a lot of jobbbb....