GTA IV On tuesday

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/04/29/grand.theft.auto/index.html

lol it is even on the front page of cnn.com

And stock quotes for take two

http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=TTWO&source=story_quote_link

I seriously haven't seen this much hype for a game in a really long time.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    Yeah the six month chart is a stunner! To bad getting in now would mean it would probably drop off shortly. Markets are not dumb, they price rumors and forecasts in to the price well before. Look at Microsoft before Vistas launch.
  • Options
    I think the price bump was due to EA's attempt to buy take two interactive.

You may learn something!
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    Mishra wrote:
    I think the price bump was due to EA's attempt to buy take two interactive.
    That would make sense, I wasnt aware of that.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    EAs been trying to take them over for along time though. I don't think that would affect things now. Plus, with the type of dough that GTA IV is going to rake it, it would make a buyout by EA (which Take Two is strongly opposed to) much more difficult.

It's probably due more to predictions of launch sales up to 9 million.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    eMeS wrote:
    I've got the Provigil and coffee to help me stay awake for a few days....does anyone know someone that can insert an IV in me?

This game is awesome!

MS

hmmmm, its been a while since he posted last....

QUICK SOMEBODY PM HIM AND MAKE SURE HE IS OKAY!!!! icon_lol.gif

BTW, I am fairly jealous... :)

Other than 'awesome', how is it? Anybody else finally get to play it?
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Anyone else get the GTA IV ad at the bottom of the page? I think Google's preaching to the choir at this point.

I just picked mine up. I don't know what's wrong though. I'm suddenly not feeling so well. I might have to go home. Maybe even take the next few days off...
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    eMeS wrote:
    I've got the Provigil and coffee to help me stay awake for a few days....does anyone know someone that can insert an IV in me?

This game is awesome!

MS

Don't forget the portable toilet or diapers; whichever you prefer.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I will be picking this up after work! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's everything everyone expects it to be....Played a solid 5 hours last night, then just played it for an hour or so while the wife and baby watched.

IMO the best thing so far is that the driving is dramatically improved over prior versions, and the body physics seem much more realistic, but "realistic" in a sense of histrionic, or what one would expect in a movie.

Also a nice touch is the Russian radio station, which is fitting since so far the game focuses on cultural aspects of the main character.

I'm haven't touched the multiplayer yet, maybe sometime next week or later once the hysteria calms down....

I'm wondering how many tax rebate checks are being spent on (360 | PS3) + GTA IV + HDTV ?

I know they didn't intend such, but what perfect release timing for Rock*.....Although I'm not a conspiracy guy, I'm half-tempted to go over to one of the many conspiracy sites on the web and start a thread about how the timing of GTA IV and the tax rebates is further evidence of government control of the masses!!!!!

Unfortunately I have to go do a couple of adult things for a while...such as appear in my city's municipal court for a ticket that I got earlier this month....Although I enjoy GTA, I'm not sure that I want to emulate them in RL with my very own wanted stars.....

MS
  • Options
    eMeS wrote:
    then just played it for an hour or so while the wife and baby watched.

fatherhood.jpg
    Unfortunately I have to go do a couple of adult things for a while...such as appear in my city's municipal court for a ticket that I got earlier this month....Although I enjoy GTA, I'm not sure that I want to emulate them in RL with my very own wanted stars.....

That's what you get for playing that "murder simulator". The next thing you'll be telling us is that you just posted bail for manslaughter.
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Me GF is getting for me... playing PS3 on a 10 yrs old 17" TV...
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    eMeS wrote:
    then just played it for an hour or so while the wife and baby watched.

fatherhood.jpg

That's what you get for playing that "murder simulator". The next thing you'll be telling us is that you just posted bail for manslaughter.

The real abuse in that picture is the sad state of that guy's gear....poor kid.

tmpphpUSQcyv.jpg
  • Options
    To be fair, that looks GTA 3/Vice City. That's probably 6-7 years old, but you're right, I couldn't go back to an SDTV at this point.

That's a nice setup you have there. Which model is that Samsung?

I have a 56" 1080P Samsung DLP.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HLT5687SAX-56-inch-Engine-1080p/dp/B000N53T0K/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1209494503&sr=8-1
  • Options
    CorySCoryS Member Posts: 208
    Hey Dynamik I think we have the same TV, which I love for the game mode :)

.. I woke up last nite about 1 am, strolled out to the living room, without saying a word I looked at my roomate who was playing it, he looked over at me and I gave him the thumbs up with the questionable look. He just nodded his head and returned the thumbs up with a confident grin. I went back to bed and am not so patiently waiting the end of the work day ;)
    MCSE tests left: 294, 297 |
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    To be fair, that looks GTA 3/Vice City. That's probably 6-7 years old, but you're right, I couldn't go back to an SDTV at this point.

That's a nice setup you have there. Which model is that Samsung?

I have a 56" 1080P Samsung DLP.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HLT5687SAX-56-inch-Engine-1080p/dp/B000N53T0K/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1209494503&sr=8-1

That's one beautiful set you have there! I really like the thinness of the bezel on the sides and the top.

In our living room I have this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LNT5271F-52-inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B000U9XMCE/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1209498649&sr=1-10

52" Samsung LCD...I upgraded from an older LCD in late November/Early December 2007...

MS
  • Options
    CoryS wrote:
    Hey Dynamik I think we have the same TV, which I love for the game mode :)

.. I woke up last nite about 1 am, strolled out to the living room, without saying a word I looked at my roomate who was playing it, he looked over at me and I gave him the thumbs up with the questionable look. He just nodded his head and returned the thumbs up with a confident grin. I went back to bed and am not so patiently waiting the end of the work day ;)

Speaking of which, I wonder how many people called in sick today to play GTA IV?

MS
  • Options
    jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    Dynamik and Corys, I have the same tv as well...at least I think I do...got mine about a year ago...How do you like Blu-ray playback on your PS3? Some discs seem to be pixelly and other seem to be near perfect which leads me to believe it's the film grain they use.
  • Options
    wanna know how cool my wife is? Too bad, I'm telling you anyway. After our lunch together, she went to the best buy right by ASU campus to pick up GTA for me. Unfortunately, sold out icon_sad.gif Go figure, probably has the most 18-25 year olds in a 5 mile radius anyway icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Options
    jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    snadam: You may want to try finding like a kmart or blockbuster or some other out of the way place that people don't think of...I've got mine in eyes view of me at work and I'm starting to twitch with about thirty minutes left. I got special permission from the fiance tonight so I'm going crazy to get home.
  • Options
    snadam: You may want to try finding like a kmart or blockbuster or some other out of the way place that people don't think of...I've got mine in eyes view of me at work and I'm starting to twitch with about thirty minutes left. I got special permission from the fiance tonight so I'm going crazy to get home.

yea there are a few game stores on the way home. 9/10 times I can get a copy there. so ill check those out.

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I always recommend calling ahead first now. After the horrible time I had tracking down a copy of Rune Factory I now make sure to call ahead and see if it is actually in stock instead of wandering all over Phoenix.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    snadam wrote:
    wanna know how cool my wife is? Too bad, I'm telling you anyway. After our lunch together, she went to the best buy right by ASU campus to pick up GTA for me. Unfortunately, sold out icon_sad.gif Go figure, probably has the most 18-25 year olds in a 5 mile radius anyway icon_lol.gif

I dunno... Mine got me San Andreas for Christmas the year it came out, so I think we should call it a draw ;)

I thought I could always pickup a game and preordering was stupid, until I tried to buy Bioshock (while not as nearly as huge as GTA, was by no means a small title). I went to every Best Buy, Target, Gamestop, etc. in two fairly large cities. No luck. It was unbelievable. I finally decided to just wait for Amazon to delivery it instead of wasting any more time searching for it.
  • Options
    chrisdugganchrisduggan Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Going to pick up my reserved copy in a minute, a day later than planned. Lets hope it has been worth the wait.. :)
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    snadam wrote:

I dunno... Mine got me San Andreas for Christmas the year it came out, so I think we should call it a draw ;)

I thought I could always pickup a game and preordering was stupid, until I tried to buy Bioshock (while not as nearly as huge as GTA, was by no means a small title). I went to every Best Buy, Target, Gamestop, etc. in two fairly large cities. No luck. It was unbelievable. I finally decided to just wait for Amazon to delivery it instead of wasting any more time searching for it.

and thats what I figure too. I NEVER have had an issue with getting a non reserved game on release date. Halo 2 was close, but they had a few copies left the first place I tried. I might just order it online and save the hassle of going around town.

• Options
    Picked up Titan Quest w/e expansion for a total of 20 bucks yesterday...

I'm into the cheap non 60 dollar games. >_< And amazing I don't pirate a single game.

You may learn something!
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Fell into the same problem with not pre-ordering, was going to but took the other half for a drink as it was nice weather instead so didnt get the game but gained some brownie points instead :D
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I will be picking mine up tonight after work. I'm still super sick, but not as sick as I was yesterday. (fell asleep at 7:30pm last night) icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    Mishra wrote:
    Picked up Titan Quest w/e expansion for a total of 20 bucks yesterday...

I'm into the cheap non 60 dollar games. >_< And amazing I don't pirate a single game.

Do you do any console gaming, or just PC? If you do console gaming, check out www.gamefly.com

It's like a Netflix for video games. I can have two games out at a time all year, for the price of buying four throughout the year.

I usually wait for the PC games to go on sale as well. I just picked up the Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics pack for $20 in anticipation of Fallout 3 later this year.
  • Options
    MikeInMoseleyMikeInMoseley Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Picked mine up for the 360, £45 from Game Station but got a free pack with GTAIV stuff and 500 xbox live points. (not sure what that is in £s?!)