Options

GTA IV On tuesday

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    Mishra wrote:
    Picked up Titan Quest w/e expansion for a total of 20 bucks yesterday...

I'm into the cheap non 60 dollar games. >_< And amazing I don't pirate a single game.

Do you do any console gaming, or just PC? If you do console gaming, check out www.gamefly.com

It's like a Netflix for video games. I can have two games out at a time all year, for the price of buying four throughout the year.

I usually wait for the PC games to go on sale as well. I just picked up the Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics pack for $20 in anticipation of Fallout 3 later this year.

I do a little bit of console gaming... I have a TON of games that I need to play and actually beat.

PC, Wii, PS2, gamecube, xbox (my g/fs actually), gameboy advance SP, super nintendo, nintendo

I just bought a new PC but I can't justify COD4 and Crysis until I beat some of the other games that I have. I like owning the game too for whatever reason. lol
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sounds like some people are having issues with the game locking up

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3167622
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    I just got a 360 copy at newegg for a few dollars cheaper than retail and free 3 day shipping

if anyone is interested, here is the link
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874161003
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Options
    jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    So now that it's been out for a few days, what does everybody think? I'm really impressed by the detail of the city and the feeling of it being lived in. I'm also impressed by how well the cellphone wraps everything into one neat little package. I never finished the previous GTA games because they were either too big (San Andreas) or not interesting enough (the first two.) I love the characters and the story in this so far, as well as the sheer amount of oppurtunities you have to make friends and dating and the like. Plus, the multiplayer is awesome!
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    by the looks of all the activity around here maybe we should create a gaming forum for special times like these !!! icon_lol.gif
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Maybe in the next generation of the game, the cars will use turn signals. Seriously, I get that it's a crazy city, but I really don't understand why every driver has a death wish and decides to make a left in front of me at every intersection. It's irritating.

I wish you could bump the difficulty up a bit. The actual game play is a little too easy for my tastes. The only time I've been arrested is when I tried to break through a toll both on a motorcycle and launched myself at the feet of an officer icon_lol.gif Oh well. Ninja Gaiden II is out in a month, and that'll hopefully be damn near impossible (they had to include a "ninja dog" difficultly level in the special edition of the first game because "normal" was too difficult for most people).

It's a great game overall, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'll definitely get my $60 out of it.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote:
    Anyone seeing freezing or poor resolution with GTA4 on the PS3? Now there are reports that the 360 might have the same issues.

PlayStation 3 version only: Resolution, online issues hamper GTA IV experience

Playstation Forums: PS3 Grand Theft Auto IV suffering from freezing errors *UPDATED*

yea I threw up a link yesterday on here about it. Ive talked to a few buddies of mine with 360 and report no problems. Wonder whats the deal?

• Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Got my copy sat on my desk here now, will wait and see if I get these problems. Fingers Crossed i dont as I have the weekend off :D
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    I'm not having any trouble on the 360, the fan is noisier than ever but no problems besides that. As an aside, a lot of the cars actually do use turn signals in GTA 4. I think that Rockstar is punishing us this time because cars do seem to hit you more frequently.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, just bought it for the PS3. It's installing right now. Let's hope there's no resolution issues. If there is, should be able to be patched anyways.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    I just realized PS3 owners are also going to miss out on the achievements. Some of them are pretty good. I just got the "Warm Coffee" one icon_lol.gif

Was anyone else disappointed that the web browser at the internet cafe didn't support tabs? icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    dynamik wrote:
    I just realized PS3 owners are also going to miss out on the achievements.
    That reminds me, I need to get back to playing TF2. Thirty-six new achievements were just added to the Medic--and that's my fav class!
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    I just realized PS3 owners are also going to miss out on the achievements.
    That reminds me, I need to get back to playing TF2. Thirty-six new achievements were just added to the Medic--and that's my fav class!

And the servers are full of medics now trying to get them icon_rolleyes.gif actual gameplay is not easy to come by. Still with them all going medic and HW to compliment and that nice Payload map being snipers heaven I've claimed many an achievement hunting head the last 2 days. Nothing says no to laming up achievements like a full powered headshot icon_twisted.gif
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    MikeInMoseleyMikeInMoseley Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My mate found that Ricky Gervais does a stand-up show on the TV. How cool is that?!
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    this game is TOO good. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Did anyone finish it yet?

I'm only about 30% into it....
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm only 3% into it. :/ I'm a slow poke!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    my brother in law got his copy yesterday, so I went over and played it! Awesome as advertised. We didnt do many missions, we just goofed off. I cant wait until tomorrow's delivery! :)

• Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    eMeS wrote:
    CoryS wrote:
    Hey Dynamik I think we have the same TV, which I love for the game mode :)

.. I woke up last nite about 1 am, strolled out to the living room, without saying a word I looked at my roomate who was playing it, he looked over at me and I gave him the thumbs up with the questionable look. He just nodded his head and returned the thumbs up with a confident grin. I went back to bed and am not so patiently waiting the end of the work day ;)

Speaking of which, I wonder how many people called in sick today to play GTA IV?

MS
    I thought about it, but instead i requested the launch day (and the day before) off and stayed up until about 6am playing it :D
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    royal wrote:

I thought I was going slow...

I'm stuck on a couple of missions where people drive off really fast in cars and you have to chase them down....

MS
  • Options
    I'm about 15% done and have played for about 12 hours total. There is so much to do, I'm focusing on some of the extra missions since they tend to give you a lot of money. Definitely everything I had hoped for!
  • Options
    Project2501Project2501 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    eMeS wrote:
    royal wrote:

I thought I was going slow...

I'm stuck on a couple of missions where people drive off really fast in cars and you have to chase them down....

MS

Sub machine gun while chasing the mofo down. BTW I love shooting while driving.

I want a rocket launcher to take out the helicopters icon_evil.gif

If you haven't had a drink and got drunk yet go do it. GOD I LOVE THIS GAME icon_exclaim.gif
    - Pete
  • Options
    If you haven't had a drink and got drunk yet go do it. GOD I LOVE THIS GAME icon_exclaim.gif

Did you see that MADD threw a fit about the ability to drive drunk? Despite the fact that you stumble all over the place and have an extremely difficult time controlling your character and the vehicle, your character and passenger are repeatedly saying your shouldn't be doing that, the cops are all over you, etc. If anything, it'll discourage people from driving drunk. They didn't make that aspect of the game glamorous in any way. Some people need to find ways to be more productive with their time. It's like the whole controversy of the Mass Effect sex scene. Just ridiculous.

BTW, loved the mission where you had to transport the bodies in the trunk, and it would pop open if you rammed anything. You'd have to run back and close the trunk before people noticed. The attention to detail in this game is amazing.
  • Options
    I haven't completed that mission yet but I agree that the attention to detail is amazing.

From the cover system to the wanted level/police chases to the cell/mobile phone being used as a central part of game control.

I kept myself from ready most everything about this game so I could play it and be surprised by it. I'm glad I have because I love being surprised by all the little things like people not wearing seatbelts which cracks me up in crashes.

Anyway as you were saying it's not made to look cool. You get a wanted level if you are drink driving near a cop and when coming out of the pub Roman suggested we take a cab because we were all over the show. I've died a few times due to crazy things but this was the first time I died with a lvl 1/2 star rating. I couldn't get away and kept crashing because I was drunk. I'll take a cab next time.
    - Pete
  • Options
    just got my copy about 2 minutes ago!!!

Im off to go playing, the wife is gone for another 3 hours!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Options
    snadam wrote:

Enjoy! I know I did. I played for 5hrs straight and didn't want to stop.
    - Pete
  • Options
    snadam wrote:

Enjoy! I know I did. I played for 5hrs straight and didn't want to stop.

i played 7 hours straight and loved every minute of it

• Options
    so has anybody tried the multiplayer yet? Im going to give it a go with a buddy of mine tonight on Xbox live, like 9pm AZ time (i think we are same as PT right now). Send me a FR or a message if you guys want to join up!

gt= snadamo

• Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    i finished the game today. Pretty good.

Soon i'm going to start over and do it differently. There are a few choices that i think can affect how the end of the game plays...
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685