Options

Sitting for 70-293

KrankKrank Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'll be facing the beast jr. in a couple hours. To be realistic, I don't feel confident, in fact I know I didn't have enough time to study so I hope to have some extra luck than the previous exams.

Well, let's see how it goes.

Comments

• Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    best of luck icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good luck
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • Options
    Well, this has been the hardest one so far, and the lowest score too: 745. In my defense I can say that I didn't have enough time to study.

It had 43 questions, 3 sims (one of them left me frozen, I didn't know what to do).

About the topics... damn, a little of everything! but the more noticeable were: PKI, RRAS, Clustering and Security Templates.

3 more exams to MCSE, if I have luck (and time) I'll schedule my next exam, 70-294, before may 15th but the next one would be in august... (damn work).
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif
    Krank wrote:
    3 more exams to MCSE, if I have luck (and time) I'll schedule my next exam, 70-294, before may 15th but the next one would be in august... (damn work).

Which three do you have left? MCSA + 293 just needs 294 and a design exam, right?

Which design exam are you planning on taking? It probably wouldn't be too bad to do 294 and 297 around the same time, if you're going to focus on AD.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass, I'm hoping for the same (or higher) when I go in for my bout with Beast Jr. in the near future. Good luck on 70-294, too. Of course, if you're planning on doing 70-298 as your design exam, you may want to think about doing it now after 70-293 since a lot of the security topics make it a natural segway from one test to the other.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats man!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
  • Options
    azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations on the pass.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif
    Krank wrote:

Which three do you have left? MCSA + 293 just needs 294 and a design exam, right?

Which design exam are you planning on taking? It probably wouldn't be too bad to do 294 and 297 around the same time, if you're going to focus on AD.

First of all, thanks to everyone and to techexams in general, it'd be different without you guys.

Well I thought that I needed the MCSA + 293 + 294 + 297 (which I'm going to choose for design) + an elective, because the 620 doesn't count double anymore since february and I wanted it for the client exam and elective so I'll keep it for client and I still need the elective (correct me if I'm wrong).
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ah, were you using your MCDST for your MCSA elective? There's a few, such as that and the A+/Network+ combo, that count as electives for the MCSA, but not the MCSE. You can use 620 as an elective if you also have 270 or 210.

Which exams/certifications make up your MCSA?
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    Which exams/certifications make up your MCSA?

Client OS exam: 70-620
    Core exams: 70-290 and 70-291
    Elective: MCDST

It'd have been good if I have chosen the 70-270 too, but my certification track was designed and modified for my direct boss and when I begun all of my studies I had no idea of certifications at all.

Now that I'm completely envolved with this I can take some advantage and choose an elective that fits more my interest because I have a different boss and the new one doesn't care too much on the exams, he just wants to see me as an MCSE. So I'm not sure if I should go for security, ISA, Exchange or any other. But as I'll have time to think about it, I'll think of it later because I'll be VERY busy the next months so I'll have to postpone my studies for late july or even august.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, I'll be more than happy with that score when I take this one later in the year.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln