Passed ICND 2 This Afternoon

StevenFL02StevenFL02 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

This afternoon I passed the 640-816 with an 874. I am just finishing up Cisco 4 in the Cisco Networking Academy. I am very happy to have my CCNA in the books :D

Study Materials: ICND 2 book by Odom (excellent), Cisco Networking Academy

They seemed to put the more difficult questions at the beginning, hence I probably spent a little more time than I should have on them. Either way, I finished up with about 5 mins left.

I also realized that it takes me a little bit of time to get in the "zone" for these Cisco questions, and once I was warmed up and most of the nervousness went away, I felt rather confident.

Thanks to everyone on this site for all of the motivation and help you provide. This is a place that I often come to when I need motivation and guidance.

I am shooting for The Beast by the end of May...so maybe I will see some of you in there. I hear lots of interesting things about that test in these forums...

I also plan to continue my Cisco studies (CCNP) in the near future.

Cheers everyone... drunken_smilie.gif

Comments

• pookerpooker Member Posts: 129 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hey congrats man, is your teacher letting you get an A for ccna 4 since you passed? You should ask him if not
    I wanna be ccie
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the CCNA and Good luck with The Beast! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • StevenFL02StevenFL02 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Regarding the A ....he probably should..haha..maybe I should see what I can do on that.

I have my paper final in that class tomorrow morning...that is something I definitely don't feel like waking up for at 7 A.M.
  • CiscoCertsCiscoCerts Member Posts: 112
    Congratulations! What's "The Beast"?
  • GlynixxGlynixx Member Posts: 138
    grats!!!
    Check out www.manager-tools.com for some great management training for free!
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CiscoCerts wrote:
    What's "The Beast"?
    I believe its a term of endearment for the 70-291 Windows 2003 Network exam.

It will be interesting to see if The Beast is able to strike fear into the heart of a CCNA :D There is already some discussion in the CCNA compared to The Beast-291, Which is harder? thread.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, and good luck on 70-291.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • MikeInMoseleyMikeInMoseley Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate!

Any tips for this exam (within NDAs etc)? I'm thinking of giving the 816 a crack over the next few days.

The transcender is quite hard but I usually find its tougher than the real exam....hopefully it will be case here too.