Options

any game nerds on here?

2»

Comments

• Options
    intelzeeintelzee Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Delthious wrote:
    Shooters anyone? I'm really big into PC gaming but now and then I will get on a console. Right now I am currently playing BF2142, Crysis and CoD4! CoD4 Multi Hard Core only! :D

I'll have to level with ya cabbage, I'm a huge fan of teh shooters... mostly because I was raised on RPG's and so realtime action kinda hit me in a major way when I was a wee lil gamer lad. 2142 and CoD4 are my favz, though sometimes I'll indulge in a little Halo PC or CSS. It's just a good break from all the friggen WoW I play

lol all the wow you play? i thought you gave that up? but then i guess you cant give up someting that hase taken your life away? right?
    look look!!!! its a train!!
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    undomiel wrote:
    I never could get into the real time games. I have more of a chess background growing up so games like Heroes of Might & Magic had more appeal to me.

Also the good ol' gold box AD&D games! Ah yes, good times, good times, especially the original Pool of Radiance.

Ah...those were the days...We played AD&D, Car Wars, and Champions....

MS
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    eMeS wrote:
    undomiel wrote:
    I never could get into the real time games. I have more of a chess background growing up so games like Heroes of Might & Magic had more appeal to me.

Also the good ol' gold box AD&D games! Ah yes, good times, good times, especially the original Pool of Radiance.

Ah...those were the days...We played AD&D, Car Wars, and Champions....

MS

Wow, same here, though not much car wars. Loved AD&D and Champions. Also Star Fleet Battles and Aftermath, and a bit of Traveller. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If I remember right there was a Car Wars/Champions combined module? That was fun stuff back in those 6th-10th grade years when I had no car and no girlfriend, but a limitless imagination!

Also, the whole Steve Jackson Games (creator/publisher of Car Wars and many others) story (being raided by the Secret Service in an investigation of data piracy, etc...) is really interesting.

http://www.sjgames.com/SS/

MS
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I always run across some reference to that raid every few years so I go and re-read it and find it more and more relevant to today's society every single time.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    CabbageThe1CabbageThe1 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is Shipment the map that's real dark and all the snipers camp the respawns for for n00b kills? If so, that's the map that made me give up on CoD4 and go back to CoH and TF2. Just waaaay too frustrating.

LOL, Shipment 64 player w/ Martyrdom..... Good Times! Shipment Is the really small map with all the shipping containers that is like shot gun hell. There is really no point in spawning in with a sniper rifle on that map unless you have a death wish.
    If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style!
  • Options
    fonquefonque Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    for anyone into playing the DS, look into getting a supercard. there is alot of awesome home brew for the ds these days.

Are there any mariokart or smash bros. fans on the site? I can not stop playing these 2 games. I have not been this addicted to a game Street fighter alpha 3 on ps1.
    I program my heart to beat breakbeats and hum basslines in exhalation.... matter, verse, spirit
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Since I just moved to Cali, I only have my Nintendo DS on me(and 30 games). My Wii, PS2, etc is all back home in florida with family. >_<

My first gaming system was the NES or coleco adam. I just beat "The world ends with you" for the NDS the other day and loved it. Gaming and streaming video will be the end of me.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    RikkuRikku Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My gaming days started way back to the Atari 6400 and Pong when I was a wee kid. Super Nintendo, 3DO (anyone remember that one?),SegaSaturn and the PS 1 killed my gpa and created a sleep deprevation tank a mile deep while I was in college.

I got burnt out playing FPS games, but my last game was HellGate London (while praying for a Diablo 3 Universe/MMORG to reveal itself.) Last MMORG I played was FF XI on the PC, on PS2 Final Fantasy XII,Okami,Valkyrie Profile:Silmeria and Front Mission 4. I also have Final Fantasy Tactics remake on the PSP that I play in my sleep. ;)

Keep in mind, most of the games I own..I never really finish. Since we have to keep up with so much in IT and in life in general anyway... Everytime I go to purchase something new my wife is like..did you ever complete that game "such and such"...I give a dismayed sigh and...uh..no..reply.

Some day they will be able to jack us into games like a .hack experience and then at that point resistance is futile and we will sign our life away....(god I sound geekified..oh well, its the whole dogma we are exposed to..) Well, I will keep playing until my eyesight, reflexes or mind simply goes out...