Options

how to count the collusion domains

bluebirdbluebird Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
hii,
i do understand the concept of the collusion domains but what i dont undrstad is how the author of the sybex(ccna fast pass edition 3;figure1.4) book counted the collusion domains.can sme body plz explain with the diagram
thanx

Comments

• Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    bluebird wrote:
    hii,
    i do understand the concept of the collusion domains but what i dont undrstad is how the author of the sybex(ccna fast pass edition 3;figure1.4) book counted the collusion domains.can sme body plz explain with the diagram
    thanx

I could if I had the diagram :D
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    bluebirdbluebird Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sorry i cant copy it here.. i'll try n explain 3 switches each has 2 comuters conected to them and those (3 seperate LAN s) 3 swithes a gain connet to another switch (bridge)with 3 connections
    and the bridge connects to a router... does it make any sense icon_sad.gif
    this is wht the book says

" do you see the nine collision domains? Just in case
    that’s a no, I’ll explain. The all-hub network is one collision domain; the bridge network
    equals three collision domains. Add in the switch network of five collision domains—one for
    each switch port—and you’ve got a total of nine"

whr did he gt the five collision domains??
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    whr did he gt the five collision domains??

It should be nine collision domains like he explained not 5 right? Switches are full duplex so sending/receiving traffic does not have an opportunity to collide, thus making it one collision domain per switch\PC connection