Options

Oracle!! Oracle!! Please I need Help!

pryde7pryde7 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
ORA-12545 Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

I'm not savvy with Oracle, but I desperately need to solve this problem. Kind of the only eye man in a blind community. Oracle Admin gonna take atleast a week to show up.
Let any Oracle freak kindly tell me what to do.

Comments

• Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    pryde7 wrote:
    ORA-12545 Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

I'm not savvy with Oracle, but I desperately need to solve this problem. Kind of the only eye man in a blind community. Oracle Admin gonna take atleast a week to show up.
    Let any Oracle freak kindly tell me what to do.

I'm not an Oracle or DB expert whatsoever but anyone else will need some more info then that...what are you doing when that happens ie what application is trying to make a connection to the database, what version are you running over the server and what version do you have installed on your machine, are any other users having this issue. Answer those questions and i'm sure someone with some knowledge of Oracle will be able to help you.
  • Options
    Oracle 9i
    That happens when u want to login to the database. The database is local (ie standalone), and I've verified that the hostname is correct.
  • Options
    livenliven Member Posts: 918
    is oracle running on the machine your trying to log into?

Can you get command line access to this box and check to see what processes are running and what ports are open?
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Google that ORA error number for suggestions if you haven't done so already.

http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian/oracle/ORA12545.htm

"If the protocol is TCP/IP, edit the TNSNAMES.ORA file to change the host name to a numeric IP address and try again."
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Oracle is running on the system. The problem just started two days ago and the accountant using the system is kind of dumb and cannot give any helpful hint on any event that resulted to the mess.

I checked the events logs and OraOracleclientcache service is terminating unexpectedly. I've attempted starting the service manually but it crashes.