Options

Anyone taken the QOS 642-642 recently ??

jonmo2578jonmo2578 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys..

Just wondering if anyone has taken the QOS exam recently and if so what material did you use to study for it..

Ive been using the Official Cisco QOS Study Guide ( 2nd Ed ) and it does seem to cover everything mentioned on the Cisco blueprint... however, this is almost 3years old now.. !

Im taking the test tomorrow and Im slightly worried now with murmurings of BGP and SRR knowledge required.... yet there is no mention of it in the study guide..

Without obviously going into question specifics.. !!.. would anyone who has recently sucessfully completed the exam, say that blueprint is still accurate.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The Odom 2nd Edition QoS book is still the Gold Standard for QoS Self-Study.... but with the change to the 2.2 exam version I'd add in the Cisco Press CCVP QOS Quick Reference Sheets (Digital Short Cut). And then use the Cisco IOS Quality of Service Solutions Configuration Guide to fill in any surprises from the Quick Reference Sheets or Exam Blueprint.

Back in the older version of the exam there were murmers too, so I searched the Cisco Docs -- better safe than sorry.

The links to the stuff I mentioned are in the CCVP FAQ. The Quick Reference Sheet link is on the Cisco Press CCVP Books link.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    hedhrtshedhrts Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jonmo2578 wrote:
    Hey guys..

Just wondering if anyone has taken the QOS exam recently and if so what material did you use to study for it..

Ive been using the Official Cisco QOS Study Guide ( 2nd Ed ) and it does seem to cover everything mentioned on the Cisco blueprint... however, this is almost 3years old now.. !

Im taking the test tomorrow and Im slightly worried now with murmurings of BGP and SRR knowledge required.... yet there is no mention of it in the study guide..

Cheers

I took it about 3 weeks ago. Without violating the NDA, here are my coments.

1. If it isn't in the study guide, I doubt it will be covered.
    2. The Odom book is the one I used, and it's excellent material for anyone who is working toward writing the 642-642 QOS exam.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    jonmo2578jonmo2578 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice Mike..

I passed the exam earlier this afternoon..

After thoughts.. yeah, the blueprint is still accurate .. no unpleasant surprises in the exam and I would say the the Cisco Study guide covered all the key concepts require to pass it..

Onto the CVoice.. !!.
  • Options
    jonmo2578 wrote:
    I passed the exam earlier this afternoon..
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    jonmo2578 wrote:
    Onto the CVoice.. !!.
    And now the real fun begins! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    There are also replies in the "duplicate thread" over in the CCIP Forum
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33695