Options

Cisco ***Useless***

lmxlmx Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
Cisco Useless

My CCNA Expired September of 2008 I recertified taking a exam of the series 642-xxx (587) when it verifies my profile in cisco the exam appears, but the continuous CCNA with the Expired date current September 2008 are supposed that you upgrade my CCNA to three Years more when taking the exam 642-587. I don't understand somebody can explain to me.

Comments

• Options
    tmlerdaltmlerdal Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I kind of had a similar issue. I ended up calling in to find out what was going on. I think with one of the upgrades, they sometimes have to go in and tweak the db or something.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When did you take the 642-587 exam? If it was after September, 2008, then your CCNA was already expired and the only way to renew it is to retake the CCNA exam.

You MUST take the 642 level exam to recertify your CCNA before it expires. If you took it before September, then you need to have Cisco tweak things.

Sorry about the above, long weekend studying. Disregard. :Dicon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    ITdude wrote:
    When did you take the 642-587 exam? If it was after September, 2008
    Its not September 2008 yet :P
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    I've found that if you take an pro-level cert within a month of an exam expiring, this happens.

You have two choices...

Be patient. The cisco web-guys will get around to your stuff eventually, or

Give them a call. A call tends to bump you to the front of the line. They are all about customer service, after all.

In your case, since it's been more than 6 months, you should call. It may have slipped through the cracks.

Mike
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tiersten wrote:
    Its not September 2008 yet :P

WOW! Looks like my weekend spent studying has thoroughly fried my brains this week! icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif Not sure what I was thinking. :D

I stand corrected!! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    lmx wrote:
    Cisco Useless

My CCNA Expired September of 2008 I recertified taking a exam of the series 642-xxx (587) when it verifies my profile in cisco the exam appears, but the continuous CCNA with the Expired date current September 2008 are supposed that you upgrade my CCNA to three Years more when taking the exam 642-587. I don't understand somebody can explain to me.

Bug in the system. Just breaking my silence here. Don't sweat this. What matters is what you know and can do for a company. My CCNA in 1999 and CCNP in 2001 expired already. Who cares? Well maybe the HR muppet of a company who doesn't know the CCNA from the CCNP, but I wouldn't work for those clowns anyway. I'm in gainful employment. I will be CCIE before the end of 2008. Hopefully!
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Turgon wrote:
    My CCNA in 1999 and CCNP in 2001 expired already. Who cares? Well maybe the HR muppet of a company who doesn't know the CCNA from the CCNP, but I wouldn't work for those clowns anyway. I'm in gainful employment. I will be CCIE before the end of 2008. Hopefully!

Interesting I was under the impression you had to have a current cert to be able to sit the next exam.....
    or are you saying your doing the course\studying for it, but not actualy going to sit the exam ??
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    Turgon wrote:
    My CCNA in 1999 and CCNP in 2001 expired already. Who cares? Well maybe the HR muppet of a company who doesn't know the CCNA from the CCNP, but I wouldn't work for those clowns anyway. I'm in gainful employment. I will be CCIE before the end of 2008. Hopefully!

Interesting I was under the impression you had to have a current cert to be able to sit the next exam.....
    or are you saying your doing the course\studying for it, but not actualy going to sit the exam ??
    You need CCNA for CCNP but CCIE doesn't have a prereq.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    tiersten wrote:

well u live n learn.... cheers fella

maybe i should skip everything and go straight for the IE........ LMAO nah dont think so..
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    tiersten wrote:

well u live n learn.... cheers fella

maybe i should skip everything and go straight for the IE........ LMAO nah dont think so..
    LOL. I thought that for a few seconds as well but thankfully came to my senses :D
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Turgon wrote:

No certification pre-requisites for the CCIE thankfully. If I wasn't so busy preparing for that I certainly would recertify my CCNA and CCNP but just don't have the time right now.