Memory Question

wowitfothwowitfoth Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
A while back I upgraded my Brother-in-laws memory on his Dell Dimension XPS T600r desktop computer. I put one stick of 128MB PC100 168pin SDRAM DIMM to give him 256MB. I came across a stick of IBM 512MB PC100 (64Mx72) 3.3V S E, CL2, ECC. Can I remove both 128’s and use this in it?
spysig.php?lang=en&char=ironman

Comments

• RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Probably can - the only way to find out is to try it and see. I have unfortunately come across some machines that will not run 512 sticks so I suggest checking out the Dell site for the specs. You can also check the Kingston site to see what size they have listed for that model Dell.

BTW guys & gals - that Kingston site should be in your bookmarks. It is a bloody handy reference place when sorting memort issues.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • wowitfothwowitfoth Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can I hurt anything by trying it? I searched Dell, Kingston, Crucial, PNY and Corsair. Dell says I can go up to 768; I am just paranoid around his pc. I built my own and work on many peoples computers with no issues. But I always have something go wrong on his! LOL! But the upgrade to 256 went without a hitch for a change. I can only find up to 256 with those .com's configurator's. Which is probably my answer?
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nope - can't hurt it. As long as the Dell site says 768 then you are in with a grin :D
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • wowitfothwowitfoth Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much!