Options

Cisco should hold a contest.....

Every time I go to Cisco's website for CCVP info, I'm amazed at its immensity. Cisco - for fun and good PR exposure, IMHO - should hold a contest to see who comes closest to guessing how many total pages there are at their website. Like guessing how long an ice block will melt to win the price. I wonder if anyone there really knows? It's like the Frankenstein's monster - it's gotten way out of control as it lumbers down the Internet road. icon_pirat.gif
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Every time I go to Cisco's website for CCVP info, I'm amazed at its immensity.
    SMACK!

Focus!! Stop lallygagging around the Cisco Docs.

Use the search function -- you're not in a CCIE Lab Exam. If you don't find your answer in the first few relevant documents, reevaluate your search criteria.

If you're sightseeing in the Cisco Documentation like a tourist, you're not studying!

In the Other Cisco Resources section of the CCVP FAQ there is a link to some Cisco Training Resources for Using the Technical Support and Documentation Website.

Last time I counted there were 143,238 -- but that wasn't counting the 6500 docs for the WS-X6608-T1 blade that weren't related to DSP and Transcoding. But I think they've released another few CallManager releases since then, so there's probably 4700+ new pages (including the release notes).

icon_lol.gif

But seriously, get back to the books icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    mikej412 wrote:
    Focus!! Stop lallygagging around
    This is officially my new word of the day. Not that I celebrate many of those icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    hetty wrote:
    This is officially my new word of the day.
    Lallygagging counts as mine -- my FireFox spell checker was complaining about lollygagging.... but the OnLine Merriam-Webster has both with the same definition -- fool around : dawdle

I've now added lollygagging to my spell checker (and fixed the somc to some, which I missed in my original post icon_lol.gif )

Enough lollygagging and/or lallygagging following the dawdle link....
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    I never noticed the misspelling. I have two new words for today icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    Focus!! Stop lallygagging around the Cisco Docs.

Use the search function -- you're not in a CCIE Lab Exam. If you don't find your answer in the first few relevant documents, reevaluate your search criteria.

Ouch! Mike is really a study taskmaster!! :Dicon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.