Options

resume - job description help needed

MQuinn6MQuinn6 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
I want to spice up the job description on my resume for my current position. This is what I currently have:

Implementation Technician
• Provide remote technical support to field technicians during the installation of new networking equipment
• Interact with telco companies to isolate & repair circuit issues
• Setup and configuration loading of routers in support of new network implementations

Any suggestions? :)

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Quantify things and show results. i.e. Installed x equipment y ahead of schedule and saved z amount of money. I learned this in a career development course at the U, and I added a couple of bullets like that to my resume (which had solely technical things like yours), and in a few casual interviews, those were always the points that were brought up.
  • Options
    1MeanAdmin1MeanAdmin Member Posts: 157
    Be more specific. Although personally I would save phrases about saving money for the actual interview, it is necessary to write EXACTLY what you did ("provide remote technical support" may mean you configure MS Terminal Servers, troubleshoot Win2003 print server, etc.). Be specific about what the models of the hardware and versions of the software you work with.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    midiman wrote:
    Be more specific. Although personally I would save phrases about saving money for the actual interview.

You gotta get to that interview! ;)

I didn't mean dwell on it, but numbers stick out. For mine, I talked about how the project management system I created and implemented has kept track of over 5000 jobs and dropped our re-dos by about 75%. People wanted to hear more about that.