Image at USB drive

KasorKasor Member Posts: 934 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm having problem with the SATA DVD-ROM, not able to read my ghost boot CD with image.

So, how well is USB drive using as boot device on new computer...

I'm going to get a USB drive that have all the computer image and that's it. No more boot CD/DVD or floppy. Just my USB drive.

Any comment or suggestion?
Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn

Comments

• hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    There are a few tools out there that can make USB drives bootable, but I haven't had much luck with them. Lots of info via google.

About the only advice I have is that you have to make sure that you're set to boot to USB in the BIOS.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    Does the CD boot on different computer that you know is able to boot CDs?

Power-up your computer with the USB DVD drive connected. Go into the BIOS setup and see if the drive is recognized. If not, try a different USB port or updating your BIOS. If so, set the drive as the first boot device. If the CD still doesn't boot, try a different CD with a bootable image, such as a Linux LiveCD or a Windows installation CD, to check if the problem is the drive or the CD.
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 934 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I tried so many way to go around it. The Windows CD work, but not the Image CD/DVD that I burned. After so many trial and error, I thought that I got it work. Still not luck....
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn