Options

70-749 - Passed!

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
Passed the 70-649. This was a hard but fair test. Lots of terminal services. no IPv6. Less ISS7 than I expected. 49 questions. Passed with 850.

I enjoy the new "question format" from MS. It feels more like I am being tested on my skills than on my reading comprehension skills.

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass man, Is there a new format to the exams out? can you explain any further without breaking any rules etc?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    Congrats on the pass! What did you use to pass the exam?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Can you go into a little more detail about the question format and what materials you used to prepare for the exam? There hasn't been a lot said about this one yet, and I think a lot of people, myself include, are curious about it.

Congratulations on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I enjoy the new "question format" from MS. It feels more like I am being tested on my skills than on my reading comprehension skills.

come on now, you know thats half the fun! icon_wink.gif

congrats, and +1, please enlighten us! without violating the NDA of course
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    nicktfnicktf Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did cover a bit of the format in this post

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33125

Cheers

Nick
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    "New format" is not the best description, but for lack of a better way of phrasing it I went with that. The questions are just more direct. Either I knew the answers or I did not. There was no agonizing over two choices because the question was really "reading comprehension" and not technical. One example is a Readiness Review question I was helping some MCSE students with today. It had GP Editor open for the Domain Level GPO with the password policies open. It asked how many passwords would be retained in a 150 day period. Passwords were set to change every 30 days, so you might think 150/5 = 30. But the real objective was about how many passwords would be recalled... The pollicy for archiving passwords was set to 3. It took me 5 minutes to explain that the question was misdirecting them to think HOW MANY. When really the answer was shown in the question: 3. Even though this was a Readiness Review question it is typical of MS. Now I should say WAS typical. The new tests, like I said, seem more direct. As far as "print" study material I only used Measure Up online and Server 2008 Unleashed. Online labs were essential as well. Thanks for all the congratulations. Wich me luck on the 70-647. That's 2 Fridays from now.
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    Thanks for the extra info Robert. Good luck with 70-647!