Options

What is the hardest topic of o/s exam to study?

2»

Comments

• Options
    druid318druid318 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I honestly found the number of operating systems covered on the test to be somewhat troublesome. I would have expected a little more linux and mac and a few less versions of windows.

I like windows , I use windows, but why would I want to know the upgrade path from windows95 to windowsXP? Alot of it just seemed useless to me.

I took the tests right before they did the latest reformat. Did the new format address this or did they just continue to add more stuff onto the top?
  • Options
    soliarssoliars Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I choose the Networking!

It is useful today,but hard to grasp......
  • Options
    ChronoBasherChronoBasher Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Printers! The whole 6 step process of laser printing, Bubblejet vs.inkjet, and dot matrix stuff. It seems like those questions always get me on my practice tests. I think I'm going to re-read my entire printer chapter before my test, hopefully it will sink in better.

That and obscure things like what is the default IRQ for LPT1? Really? icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    crazylegs81crazylegs81 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the essentials and found it easy. I'm taking the tech tomorrow so well see.
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    I had the hardest time with:

Booting, fat, mbr, config.sys, autoexec.bat

That is probably because you cannot work with it hands on, it all happens behind the scene. It just takes a little extra effort - I recommend the flash card method for these.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    dice4a69dice4a69 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    try some xp memmory reference materials it helps
  • Options
    Divine-AssaultDivine-Assault Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Definitely booting, fat, mbr, config.sys, autoexec.ba. No doubt.
    Currently Studying for: 70-291

Life is too precious to waste...

Check out my Blog! :D
    www.oreillybookreviews.blogspot.com