Options

Inheritance option on a folder under the root

Hi techies,

have You noticed that sometimes, NOT always, when happens to clear the option for inheritance, that option on that folder becomes not more available and all ntfs permissions are blocked to which was?

I have not understand why.
Someone has some information on that?

Thank You.

rj
Pork 3
Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.

Comments

• Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What do you mean when you say that option becomes unavailable? When you uncheck inheritance do you mean you can't check it again?
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Perhaps when you disabled inheritance, you chose the option to remove instead of copy which removed all your NTFS permissions which would prevent people from accessing the folder.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you uncheck the inheritance box and click remove then click ok, you would have blocked yourself out of the file/folder you are editing. Is what what you are trying to figure out?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    No no, I want say that permissions are still there, but are unmodifiable and the "Inherit" option is also obsured. Soon I will post an image.
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

• Options
    These, I was working on a copy in my first language:

cart1gh8.th.jpg

cart2pm8.th.jpg

The owner was "Franca", but when I taken the ownership of the folder, I was newly able to do changes.
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

• Options
    Ah, OK, just now I notice that as Administrator in that moment I had removed from myself the ntfs permission to do changes in the permissions, then I was unable to do changes. icon_lol.gif
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

• Options
    The administrator group has modify rights and not full control rights. You need to make administrators have full control rights (if you are in the admin group) in order to modify permissions.

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Mishra wrote:
    The administrator group has modify rights and not full control rights. You need to make administrators have full control rights (if you are in the admin group) in order to modify permissions.
    Yes, yes Mishra, I have realized, just now what was the issue. Thank You. icon_cool.gif
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

• Options
    rjbarlow wrote:
    Mishra wrote:
    Yes, yes Mishra, I have realized, just now what was the issue. Thank You. icon_cool.gif

Your welcome. :)

You may learn something!